Front sprocket change to 14T

Biker

Country flag
Most of my riding is done in Hyderabad which is very busy traffic wise. My RC is only for fun riding and not a daily bike. Given our stop and go traffic top speed is the least of my priorities and nice traction off signal lights and pickup is what I personally need the most.

After a bit of research picked up a Duke 250 front sprocket which is 14T and slots in perfectly into my 2015 RC. Fairly quick jobbie and a bit of chain adjustment and it was fitted in under an hour.

My personal view is that I felt the gearing is transformed and the stuttering in all lower gears especially and at lower speeds is completely gone in stop go traffic. The bike pulls away cleanly and faster in all gears albeit at the cost of top end speed which I don't really care about. The only way to describe it is that for our Indian road conditions i am able to maintain speed in one gear higher than i used to but obviously hit the rev limiter faster.

Next job on the cards is a Powertronic ecu and quick shifter.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
It'll work, but you are going to KILL your chain pretty quickly. That's a VERY tight radius for a heavy 520 chain to be forced to whip around. You would be MUCH better served by going with a larger rear sprocket. A 14:45 gear ratio is .311, so when you kill your chain, swap out to a 114 link chain and run 15:47 or 15:48 sprockets. You will also wear out the lower chain slider MUCH faster, so keep a sharp eye on that or you can end up sawing through your aluminum swingarm with the steel chain once it wears through the slider. The diameter of the sprocket is just too small for daily use. It's fine for cart track racing, for for a daily rider, no ******* way! ...but, you do you boo. You've been warned tho.

Biker

Country flag
Thank you for the helpful advice. I use the bike about once a week for spirited Sunday rides and lucky if I can hit 65mph as it's city riding. I'll certainly be keeping an eye on the chain and slider.