FS: 2006 R6 Elka 3-way shock modded to fit an RC390

mdabyo

Country flag
Loved this shock, it worked great but decided to give a JRI a try just because i found a decent price for one. I had a lower bracked made up to be able to mount this on the RC. it has worked great on the track! and looks freaking sweet!

Included a 700 spring and could include a 750 if needed.

600 shipped.

-Jason

I will post some pics shortly

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I will post some pics shortly

{blink} {blink} You were running that thing... inverted???! {blink} So, I'll preface this with the fact that I'm not familiar specifically with the Elka and it's internals, but most shocks are going to have a HARD time with that due to the seals potentially not being lubricated. If so, this would lead to premature failure. Not every shock is the same, and SOME shocks can be run inverted without any problem. You may want to touch base with Elka on that tho and get a service techs yea or nea on inverted running with that shock. I know some of the 2017 guys are asking me if they can run the R6 shock inverted because the Cat is in the way with the stock exhaust, and that's a Big Fat NO. Of course, I'll also admit that running any motorcycle shock inverted tends to make my skin crawl. So I'm admittedly biased here, but seriously, I'd strongly recommend a quick chat with a trained Elka tech about your model and their feedback on inverted operation/running.

psych0hans

Country flag
I actually contacted the Hyper Pro guys regarding this and they claimed that typically any shock with an external reservoir can be mounted upside down, that being said, wouldn’t be a bad idea to get in touch with elka, just to be sure.

mdabyo

Country flag
ya i talked to elka and they said it should work fine up right or inverted, i had it up right first but it was rather close to the exhaust so i decided to run inverted to give it more clearance.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I actually contacted the Hyper Pro guys regarding this and they claimed that typically any shock with an external reservoir can be mounted upside down, that being said, wouldn’t be a bad idea to get in touch with elka, just to be sure.

The "ANY shock with external reservoir can be mounted upside down" is blissfully ignorant of a number of variables, namely, the specific design of the primary shaft seal. While MOST could be run inverted, certainly not ALL can be!!! How the primary seals are lubricated differs from shock to shock. There are most certainly some that absolutely can NOT be run inverted without quickly destroying the primary seal. It's gonna be hell on the dust cover as well I suspect.