Fuel Exhaust

I plan to road race my RC390. So I have ordered the F1Race exhaust and muffler hanger from Fuel Exhausts in the UK. Nothing against the kit Akraprovic parts but I wanted something different and it seems like exhaust changes are not giving a huge horsepower improvement for non-kit race bikes. If the pipe and muffler don't give a huge improvement, I figure it makes sense not to waste money on the most expensive exhaust conversion. Anyone else going for something other than the Akra______ stuff? parillaguy

Manbeard

I just ordered an arrow gp exhaust but I'm pretty sure it's a fake. Ebay low price stuff...
I wanted to get the arrow gp2 titanium one but it was around 600 euros, and
as long as it's much lighter weight and better sounding than stock, I'll be happy!

s30series

I've got the F1R pipe sitting at my house.

Header pipe and Fuel front pipe have been ceramic coated, and now I'm going to wrap with Ti header wrap.

Will post pictures/results today when I finish the job.

fos373

A warning on the fuel exhaust setup. The way the elbow is routed below the rear sets, it is highly likely you will end up scraping / tearing it off. This is just from turning/leaning. I never went down.

I ended up having a welder friend fabing up a custom exhaust that routes straight out and mounted higher. I wrapped the exhaust and added a heat shield and it is working great

See my pics below.

DCMoney

Country flag
A warning on the fuel exhaust setup. The way the elbow is routed below the rear sets, it is highly likely you will end up scraping / tearing it off. This is just from turning/leaning. I never went down.

I ended up having a welder friend fabing up a custom exhaust that routes straight out and mounted higher. I wrapped the exhaust and added a heat shield and it is working great

See my pics below.

That looks badass!

You have any dyno results with that exhaust?

s30series

See my pics below.

What kind of lean angels was this? I'm assuming at a track?

Would everyday driving/spirited riding cause a strike?

I feel like I've asked this before....

Last edited:

fos373

That welder friend already has a niche market - Ferrari's, Audi R8's, Porsche GT3's....

No dyno results (but it was on a dyno to make sure the gasket leak was fixed).

I'd assume for street riding it would be ok. However, for track, it's going to end up scraping in the corner with the lean angle and suspension compression.

mr-fabricator

I just ordered an arrow gp exhaust but I'm pretty sure it's a fake. Ebay low price stuff...
I wanted to get the arrow gp2 titanium one but it was around 600 euros, and
as long as it's much lighter weight and better sounding than stock, I'll be happy!

Think ive ordered the same one , gp gun "by arrow" was the description .

guzz46

I plan to road race my RC390. So I have ordered the F1Race exhaust and muffler hanger from Fuel Exhausts in the UK. Nothing against the kit Akraprovic parts but I wanted something different and it seems like exhaust changes are not giving a huge horsepower improvement for non-kit race bikes. If the pipe and muffler don't give a huge improvement, I figure it makes sense not to waste money on the most expensive exhaust conversion. Anyone else going for something other than the Akra______ stuff? parillaguy

I went with the GPR Powercone for the Duke 390, it fits with some small modifications, its a significant weight savings (3.2kg) over the stock muffler, and it keeps that clean look, plus it sounds like a Moto3 bike.

IMG_20150324_172414.jpgIMG_20150324_172338.jpgIMG_20150323_185424.jpgIMG_20150324_171849.jpgIMG_20150329_114845.jpg

Flippn

Country flag
I went with the GPR Powercone for the Duke 390, it fits with some small modifications, its a significant weight savings (3.2kg) over the stock muffler, and it keeps that clean look, plus it sounds like a Moto3 bike.

View attachment 252View attachment 253View attachment 254View attachment 255View attachment 256 [/QUOTE

Would you mind providing details on the modifications required to fit the GPR exhaust. From the photos, I see that the belly pan needs to be cut and at least one makeshift mounting bracket was installed. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

guzz46

Yea, the bellypan needs to be cut, the bracket came with the muffler, but you need to buy a longer bolt for the footpeg so that you can bolt the bracket to it, they're the only two mods you need to do.

Manbeard

Think ive ordered the same one , gp gun "by arrow" was the description .

Yep, that's the one. I noticed that the gianelli exhaust and the arrow exhausts they sold, all had the same pictures with a different muffler photoshopped in them... All had the nicely welded pipes that will not be to be found on our actual exhausts we will receive. I just hope it has the o2 sensor "opening" and a descent muffler(expansion) in the pipe.
All straight pipes I've heard don't sound any good on this bike to me... I'll probably just replace the can on this exhaust with something short and lightweight with a better look to it. If I still get entertained by the bike in a year or so from now, I might upgrade to the arrow gp2 full titanium or a lightweight stock-like muffler.

Flippn

Country flag
Thanks! I think I can deal with the small modifications...I like the clean look as well, hoping to keep it that way as long there's no power loss.

ASM

Is that the Akra exhaust?

guzz46

Thanks! I think I can deal with the small modifications...I like the clean look as well, hoping to keep it that way as long there's no power loss.

I've never dynoed my bike, but I believe there's no power loss, I don't know if there's any power gains though? probably not, but it does feel like the engine can breath better now, it also may have shifted the power/torque a little higher up the rev range, but without a dyno that's hard to tell, but it does run smoother down low, and the bike handles better too, it feels more precise.
Is that the Akra exhaust?

No, that's a Fuel exhaust.

mr-fabricator

Yep, that's the one. I noticed that the gianelli exhaust and the arrow exhausts they sold, all had the same pictures with a different muffler photoshopped in them... All had the nicely welded pipes that will not be to be found on our actual exhausts we will receive. I just hope it has the o2 sensor "opening" and a descent muffler(expansion) in the pipe.
All straight pipes I've heard don't sound any good on this bike to me... I'll probably just replace the can on this exhaust with something short and lightweight with a better look to it. If I still get entertained by the bike in a year or so from now, I might upgrade to the arrow gp2 full titanium or a lightweight stock-like muffler.

The o2 sensor is in the original header pipe that is retained . The gp exhaust is just a mid pipe and end can .

I tried a straight through exhaust and tho i may not have given it a chance i wasnt an immediate fan . Far to loud even for track only , sounded like a bodged 450 single MX bike . Im hoping the "expansion " chamber will work , keep sound down a little , free up the engine but retain torque . If thry didnt respond well or need the expansion chamber Akra wouldnt have used one . Exhaust tuning is a absoloute science when u get into it and i believe these little engines do need to retain back pressure / pressure waves . As time goes on i may be in a position to try stock box with cat removed / straight pipe / expansion box and end can backnto back on a dyno .

Regards lee

I purchased the Fuel Carbon street version with their hanger bracket - All my riding is street but in saying that I did have a similar problem with a scrape but only on the head of the clip that holds the muffler to the pipe .

You can see a picture of mine fitted under Photos / aftermarket parts in this forum - I found that the pipe smooths the revs out but lets it scream in the higher revs - wouldn't say it gives any more power but moves the hit a little higher in the rev range - But hey it sounds better so it must be better !