Genuine killer Jerry Cans

JKBC

Got it in the mail today. They still have the free postage event and although it says something about Canada not included they didn't charge me shipping. The spout alone bought separately is 27 dollars and it is one well made Jerry Can. The history of the Jerry Can is interesting and it was vital to the German and then later Allied war effort. Read about it here The Little Can That Could and the comments below are cool. You'll read in that why the big ones have 3 parallel handles amongst other cleaver things. These would also be a must-have in a world catastrophe situation and being lined as they are they can be used for water too. Same place sells all sorts of survival things including freeze dried food. My Jerry Can is dated 2015, was made in Latvia and it does have a UN # too at the handle. Notice the vent tube at the base of the spout. The extra smaller spout extension is to accommodate unleaded gasoline when encountered.
5L NATO Jerry Can a.jpg5L NATO Jerry Can b.jpg5L NATO Jerry Can c.jpg5L NATO Jerry Can d.jpg5L NATO Jerry Can e.jpg5L NATO Jerry Can f.jpg

JKBC

I've never told anyone this before but "I'm jealous of your Jerry Can"
Hey I put it in my backpack and drove to town...filled it and put it back in the backpack then rode around for almost 3 hours. The 14 pounds or so it should weigh full didn't bother me at all but the 10L one maybe would and it wouldn't leave much space left in the backpack.
When I got home it just nicely filled the tank with a negligible bit left and I had ridden 160km/100 miles. So it works (and feels on my back full) just as well as I hoped. I might buy a 10 and or 20L one in the future sometime for other purposes.

Last edited:

A1VW2NV

Country flag
Us offroad guys call those "NATO" cans. :p
PS I carried home a 20lb bag of traeger pellets in my backpack the other day and I don't think I'd like to do that for any extended period of time.