GP shift conversion *2019 bike*

Invigiator

Country flag
There are a few old threads discussing GP shift conversion, i.e. flipping the lever on the gearbox upside-down. But I would like to know if anyone has tried it on a 2019 bike?
The reason I ask is because when I was looking online at options to buy rearsets, most of them have compatibility listed differently for the 2019 model than older models, suggesting that the stock rearsets are different on the 2019 model. So flipping to get the GP shift may be different too.

louis041

Country flag
I did it on mine, I had to cut the sprocket cover because the shift knuckle would hit it. Just make sure you rotate the knuckle 180 deg.

fostytou

Country flag
There are a few old threads discussing GP shift conversion, i.e. flipping the lever on the gearbox upside-down. But I would like to know if anyone has tried it on a 2019 bike?
The reason I ask is because when I was looking online at options to buy rearsets, most of them have compatibility listed differently for the 2019 model than older models, suggesting that the stock rearsets are different on the 2019 model. So flipping to get the GP shift may be different too.

Yes. 2019 should be the same as 2017. I did mine while I was adding a quick shifter. You will need to trim the cover, and the ideal setup would use a shorter shift rod so that you can get the correct angle (which also makes putting the bolt in easier). Since I was installing a QS sensor I had the Dynojet B rod ready to trim ~1/2" from each side already. Just put some masking tape on the sprocket cover and trace your cut by moving the arm with it halfway on the splined shaft. I cut mine with tin snips and then filed it which worked very well but the plastic was more prone to breaking than a clean cut. Sharper snips could help.