GSG Skiders from via Wild Hair Accessories

Installed the GSG sliders. I ran this weekend while testing. Didn't even know they were there. Of course didn't crash test them either :)

IMG_2671.jpgIMG_2672.jpgIMG_2677.jpgIMG_2681.jpg

Tito_gsx

Thanks for review. Do you have any pictures showing entire bike? Sliders stick out quite a bit which is good for protection. Side note, looks like you have your over flow coolant hose routed to the back of the bike. Do you have a catch can?

Treachery

Country flag
If I read their website correctly, $165?. How much for shipping? How was the installation? Do you think those being there will interfere with other maintenance?
Thx!

paige

I just installed my frame sliders too from GSG/WHA. Took 6 weeks shipping and $20. The quality feels very nice and solid. Installation was pretty easy, just took off the side panels, then each bracket bolts on through two of the engine bolt mounts. i have some rubber flaps and more wiring on one of the sides than it seems like in the photos of gbabyracing so I kind of had to fish the mounting bracket behind the rubber.

One of the bolts that I received (the largest/longest ones in the photo) was incorrect length by 10mm so I had to get a new one that was the correct length. I also got the rear spools from them too. Very beautifully made.

here are some pics:

FullSizeRender (1).jpgIMG_2598.JPGIMG_2599.JPGIMG_2601.JPG

Last edited:

Treachery

Country flag
Yeah, this is going to be (probably) my next mod. Thanks for the pix. WHA are good folks, but availability and shipping from GSG can test your patience.

morssolis

The sliders are these bikes scare me. They look so long, providing a lot of leverage on the frame. Are the bolts an appropriate strength so as to break / bend well before messing up the frame? Or are they not even going through the frame?

They will not interfere with any maintenance task. They bolt to two engine mounts per side and spread the force across the frame. I think they stick out too far and will shorten them bit so they are pretty much even with the side panels.

Seth

Country flag
I noticed that its a 2014 catalog... I wonder what the 2015 or 2016 would bring? Ordering the kit from wild hair :cool:

Treachery

Country flag
Hey, Seth- If/when you order, ask if they're in stock, or whether they're still ordering onesy-twosy as they need 'em.

Merritt07

Bringing this one back up. After a bit of googling and searching, it appears there are very few options right now for frame sliders. At the moment, I'd say that these GSG sliders are the most complete package when it comes to sliders, with everyone just selling two frame sliders for around $200. Has anyone else found a decent option with a reasonable price?

Being my first bike, are frame sliders really that essential? I don't track and I mostly commute, but I feel like a lowside is a very likely possibility at some point. I'd rather spend a few bucks now than later, but it's hard for me to rationalize spending nearly $200 on something that probably costs a fraction to machine. I also understand that the RC390 is new to the states, so it's a bit of a niche market.

What kind of options have other people found?

mr2kqql

IMG_20150823_210702.jpgIMG_20150823_225049.jpgIMG_20150824_120353.jpg
My sato frame sliders came in last week, unfortunately one of the engine mount bolt is short by 10mm, should have been an M8x45 instead the package came with M8x35 which my local hardware store only carries M8x40 in stainless steel, so I have to wait till sato send me the correct bolt. Will keep you guys updates once I got everything install.

Last edited: