Handlebar riser height Ktm RC 390

Mesterel

Country flag
Hello ,i plan on raising my handlebars on ktm rc 390 ,by how much cm can i raise without buying new clutch and break cables? :))) really odd question ,i know

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Hello ,i plan on raising my handlebars on ktm rc 390 ,by how much cm can i raise without buying new clutch and break cables? :))) really odd question ,i know
Pretty much nothing. The bars will impact the bodywork. I don't know of anyone who's tried to RAISE the bars.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
i saw these things ,and they were used by a pro at a race to make the rc perfect fit :)) https://www.probrake.de/Clip-on-handlebars-REVO-for-KTM-RC-390-17-21-KTMISRC
i am not talking about actually raising them ,wtf :)) i know it will make it more tourer ,because the position is too downish for touring ,because i will do 400 kms a day from time to time
I think with those you might be able to get the bars back up to about the point they were when it was the bone stock setup... which I have to ask then...
lc0495_clip-on-handlebars-revo-for-ktm-rc-390-17-21-ktmisrc_4.jpg

What's. The. *******. Point?!?!!!!

If you want them raised, then just leave the trip and bars alone and run the stock setup for touring. Most racers (myself included) would pretty much want the bars attached to the front axle if we could get away with it. Comfort while tootling around on a 400km ride??? Maybe try this setup:
mini.jpg

{just givin' you flack man... it's all part of the brotherhood of riders} but really... there's not much of ANY room beyond what the original bar position allowed. Maybe a few mm, but not much more than that. So basically, you have as much room as the bodywork will allow, and you'll run into the bodywork before you need longer lines... as I origionally stated.

Race

Country flag
The pictured bars work just fine for me. I did have to file down a couple of screw heads to get the brake reservoir to set decently level. Also cut one or two zip ties on the cables. I ended up 3/4 of an inch higher and 3/4 of an inch farther back, so the total reach to the bars was an inch and a half less. Worth it for me.