Head gaskets

I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction with actually being able to get headgaskets for a KTM 2017 RC390.

I'm in Australia and i have had two gaskets on back order for a 2017 RC390 since 10th october as no one in this country has one in stock. Apparently it takes 4 to 6 weeks to get parts for these things on back order. i rang them today and they said they arent even on the production schedule!!!!

Considering it is a race bike I'm not real impressed with that. What if you need parts in a hurry....

Interestingly, when I search online for overseas ktm parts suppliers they dont list engine parts at all???? I thought that a bit strange considering the number of early model RC390 head gasket failures. All they seem to list is chassis parts?

A top race teams here has worked out the issue with the head gaskets and have fixed the problem but they won't tell KTM what it is because KTM here sponsored them and didnt do anything to help them with issues and then pulled support so they said up ur ass to them. i thought that was a bit of poetic justice.

anyway if anyone can tell me where i can get at least one gasket...that would be great....any aftermarket ones?

thanks...getting desperate here

John390

there are a few good companies that cater to these bikes that are sponsors on this forum and the other one more dedicated to the Duke. I would try one of those. Not sure how long or how costly shipping down undah would be, but I would suspect one of those sponsors would have them.

Have you tried KTM itself? I suspect so, but I had to ask

thanks John, no haven't tried KTM itself but after the kind of support some of the people I know have gotten I didn't even bother. I guess Australia is a small market so they really don't give a toss.

=maz=

Country flag
thanks John, no haven't tried KTM itself but after the kind of support some of the people I know have gotten I didn't even bother. I guess Australia is a small market so they really don't give a toss.

This was my experience when contacting KTM Australia through the dealer who sold us the bikes. However, KTM Australia seemed to get interested when I posted on their Social Media pages...things happened.

John390

I can't see them being obnoxious about it if you are just trying to buy a part. Thats thier business, to sell parts. :)

well the deal is that if its not in stock it takes 6 weeks or longer to get it but if you pay 10% more they'll try to get it to you quicker. Doesn't sound like they are trying too hard in the first place. When I asked how the the KTM race team gets on when this happens I was told that they're on a different deal. So obviously they can get parts if they really want to just not for the average bloke. When you find out fixes from other racers for the RC390 issues you start to wonder what planet they're on. Ready to race my ass.

But I bought the bike specifically for supersport 300 racing and it has the basic requirements to compete with the R3 and is just behind the kawasaki 400...I just didn't expect all the stupidity from the company. they have some strange ideas.

Chuditch

Hey mate, Western Australian here, where are you located?

I get all my gear from the sponsors of these forums, no naming names as they are all good at what they do. Most of my business has been with Chad at Commonwealth motorcycles. He has all the goodies and I found him to be extremely knowledgeable and helpful.

I'm in Townsville and I did follow the advise of John390 and I spoke to commonwealth motorcycles about the gaskets. It was just by coincidence that the KTM shop contacted me after 3 days and said that they have now got a confirmation that the parts should be here in another 2 weeks......hopefully.....so from now on I will source parts from commonwealth. thanks