heard a rumour of a RC 800

Andy

Country flag
There's a concept Duke 790 out on the bike show circuit, suppose a RC version could be done but then they never did a RC version with the LC4 motor and the RC8 wasn't a great sales success.

However with KTM pushing into Moto GP and Moto2 (although running a Honda 600 motor at present) interest may make them look at race reps but their main market seems to be upright nakeds for the road.

Treachery

Country flag
I'd be really interested to see an RC(690 or higher). The market isn't doing much in that displacement range other than the new SV650. Well, you might count one of the Yamahas, but they're not Sportbike/faired. If KTM builds such, they need to do so in Austria, IMO.

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
There will be a new RC between 790 and 1290 no disclosure on what it might be. But don't expect it anytime soon 2+ years from what I am told.

Treachery

Country flag
There will be a new RC between 790 and 1290 no disclosure on what it might be. But don't expect it anytime soon 2+ years from what I am told.
See, here's the problem with that: KTM announced/leaked/previewed the RC8 4-5 years before it was available. By the time it hit the market, the sporting v-twin had become old news, outside of Ducati. That, as much as the fact that the performance was lagging badly by then, buried it in the marketplace. If you're going to be as ...weird... as the RC8, you better have performance in spades. Think about the splash that BMW made (and to a degree continues to make) with the S1000RR. If they wait that long, the next generation Ducs will either be out or will be on the horizon, they may have branched into three displacement categories, and the new generation SV will be a mature bike at a fraction of the probably KTM cost.

C'mon Austria!

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
KTM also announced the Adventure 390 something like 4 years ago, and they are finally getting around to launching it in India sometime (late Q1 or early Q2, maybe) in 2019. There have been some more recent spy photos of the bike showing up in India, but c'mon... we haven't even done the Milan show yet. They just announced it because BMW announced the GS3, and they wanted to steal some of the free press / try and delay people buying the BMW and wait for the Adventure 390.

Andy

Country flag
In Performance Bikes Magazine there's an article by Jeremy McWilliams, he often talks about ongoing tests on a Road Race version of the 790.

Thing with KTM is the rumours and prototypes tend to take 2-3 years to appear.

Sent from my HUAWEI M2-801W using Tapatalk

Andy

Country flag
This as also been announced:

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2018/november/norton-superlight/

Norton are running one in the Lightweight TT. Minitwins or Supertwins is really popular in UK, especially on the roads at the TT, Northwest, Ulster etc and pretty much anything goes. Amazing what some people do with the ER6!

Of course, in my eyes, nothing looks better than the Paton though!

Sent from my HUAWEI M2-801W using Tapatalk

John390

that Norton looks really cool, but that price is way out of my snack bracket. Way out. Plus for that price I want at least another 40hp.