Help!! My KTM RC390 is Not running

vijaychauhan46

Country flag
Hi
I have a 2015 KTM RC390 with close to 40000 KM on it, lately I have been facing some problems with it, and I have failed to understand what is the issue. So it started a few months back while I was on a morning ride as I was climbing mountains the bike starts to loose power and then after some time the engine stops, I was surprised because the engine has been overhauled recently and it had close to 2000kms on it since. I took it to authorized service Centre to which it crawled very slowly as the bike would not pick rpms above 2-3000 rpm and would constantly turn off. After fiddling with it for few hours and giving me false diagnostics 2-3 times the service guy changed the spark plug and bike started running fine, I thought it was over but about 2 weeks later the same problem arises again this time bike did startup again Rahat day and I was able to go back home but next day it won’t even start, I got a new plug changed it and the bike started running again just fine. Another 2 weeks or so pass by and same problem again but this time even the new plug didn’t resolve the issue. Now I am stuck with a bike which does start some time but won’t accelerate above 3000r and will shut down if I try to take it out. I searched every where but no solution. Has anyone else faced such issue. I want to take it to service station but last time I went there they told me few different snags which my bike ultimately didn’t have and bike worked fine with new spark plug.

ReidMcT

Premium Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Country flag
Post some photos of the spark plugs you removed. They may provide clues about what is happening.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I answered your question on your other thread. Please don't post the same thing in multiple areas as it just makes it harder for people to help you.