Hi-Comp Thin Head Gasket

Icehax

Country flag
Hopefully yours won't overheat and blow another head gasket 50 miles after you put your engine back together....as mine did.
I sure hope so lol, I just mounted the engine back on the bike and it seems to be working fine (idled it for 10 mins) I don't have the new chain yet and the exhaust is still being worked on to install the wideband sensor so I can't ride it as of yet. Anyway i never had problems with overheating and the bike had about 40k km on it (late 2018 model)

Icehax

Country flag
I know there were problems with earlier bikes before the head was redesigned, but I wonder if part of the problem is the head bolts stretching over time too !? I like the idea of hardened studs like Kostean has mentioned above, hopefully the 2022 bikes will not have head gasket and overheating issues like earlier bikes (got my fingers crossed).

Regards to all.
Idk, I've had my bike for 8 months before I made all these changes and I never had any issue with overheating, I bought it used and it now has 40k kilometers on the odometer... I tried to clean the head and the base to the best of my abilities, idling it for 10 mins to reset the ECU showed no leaks of any sort anywhere