Hi from Vancouver Island

jfriesen

Country flag
Hey everyone. I've had a Duke and RC for just long enough for the warranty to have run out, so of course I'm starting to run into problems now.
I'm trying to find information in old posts, but I suspect I'm going to be asking some questions pretty soon.

the Animal

Country flag
Hey everyone. I've had a Duke and RC for just long enough for the warranty to have run out, so of course I'm starting to run into problems now.
I'm trying to find information in old posts, but I suspect I'm going to be asking some questions pretty soon.
Where on the island are you?

jfriesen

Country flag
I'm in Duncan.
Not sure how to post links here, but I'll try. This is what my bike was doing.
It would act fine until the throttle went past a certain point, then it would just lose power. Didn't matter what gear it was in. Once it hit that spot is started sputtering.
I took it back to the dealer, and they checked absolutely everything they could. In the end, they put a new map on it, and it's been fine so far, although I haven't ridden it much since.

the Animal

Country flag
I went straight to a pcv before the first service. I changed it as I knew RCs' run hot. It runs about 1 bar cooler now.
I am not sure about your problem. I knew the RC would have some issues but I would like to figure them out. It will be my designated track bike this year.
We are in Victoria

Xquzme

Country flag
Did you ever figure out your issue. I am in Kamloops, B.C. and having issues with our 390 RC. It stalls like yours did at the start and is though to start after. Wondered if mapping it was the trick?

jfriesen

Country flag
The map did fix the issue in the video, but I have had it stall and be tough to start a couple of times at intersections. And I do know how to ride well enough to know I didn't stall it. Just died with the clutch all the way in.