Honda CBR250RR

big_sur

I might be selling the RC for one of these next year if the power comes out in the range where everyone is speculating.

The 2017 Honda CBR250RR Is Here And It's Beautiful | Cycle World
honda-cbr250rr-racing-red.jpg

tecknojoe

Country flag
"Cycle World spies tell me the wee-BR will make 38 horsepower, 16.96 ft.-lbs. of torque, hit peak power over 12,000 rpm, weigh 340 pounds dry, and sit on a 140 rear and 110 front tire."

Hmm, a little lower than the 45hp that I read about. I think the 45 was more speculative though.

big_sur

Yeah, they're supposed to be making a very similar CBR350RR that will probably be the bike to have with some more power. I'm just trying to find a way out of worrying about my motor blowing up every race weekend and not getting paid any contingency from the manufacturer.

Last edited:

unicorn_violence

Yeah, they're supposed to be making a very similar CBR350RR that will probably be the bike to have with some more power. I'm just trying to find a way out of worrying about my motor blowing up every race weekend and not getting paid any contingency from the manufacturer.

Whhhaaat!? are you telling me i'm gonna be the lone rc390 wolf now?

Last edited:

Treachery

Country flag
I'm probably good staying put. If Honda's recent performance is any indication, they'll squeeze all the excitement out of it, on the way to a stylish but boring result. It probably won't blow head gaskets or have fan failures. Reg/rects, OTOH...

If recent Honda dealer experience is any guide, they'll be 1000% more familiar and skilled working on a 250cc four-wheeler than the weeBR. J/S.

Ryanthegreat1

I was just looking at those after finding out there is a crankshaft recall on the CB300F in the garage.

40hp works around here, 26hp not so much.

big_sur

Whhhaaat!? are you telling me i'm gonna be the lone rc390 wolf now?

Well you and Sean maybe, it seems like Honda takes 12 years to get any bike into production so we'll see what happens. I figured out how much money I would've won if I was riding an R3 this year instead of an RC and it was not good for me staying with the KTM.

Last edited:

ToraTora

Country flag
Wow they finally went to inverted forks. You'll have to thank KTM for that improvement. Still the bike sounds pretty heavy at 340lbs dry. That's more than the RC390 and this bike is being marketed against the smaller KTMs. Sad that they still aren't providing radial brakes, or braided lines. Honda just can't seem to make it all the way into this century. 80/80--they'll probably out sell everything even close to their class.

unicorn_violence

Well you and Sean maybe, it seems like Honda takes 12 years to get any bike into production so we'll see what happens. I figured out how much money I would've won if I was riding an R3 this year instead of an RC and it was not good for me staying with the KTM.
dang well that sucks! i'll be the last rc390 sitting at the end of the paddock like..
3EZLg6D.jpg

in all honesty, if been thinking about a switch as well. i'll probably ride the rc another season, although im getting worried about ever being competitive on it given my lack of experience, how skilled everyone is in the production classes, and most of all my size and weight. i really dont fit on that bike
i might make a switch to gp and fc with a fz07r. if so, i might need your expertise finding a salvage!
BIv7dUU.jpg

kAGDZoN.jpg

Last edited:

unicorn_violence

Yeah, I mean gp is pretty tough up front too though with tony baker and ray ray but here ya go, get hot!

https://www.iaai.com/Vehicles/VehicleDetails.aspx?itemID=22444459&RowNumber=2&loadRecent=True

57 miles! see your the salvage guru.

thats true with tony baker and ray ray. i figure though the bigger bikes would be better for my size and weight. also i dont want to run supersports and run the risk of getting in a crash with someone every race lol its been a red flag every round

Last edited:

tecknojoe

Country flag
in all honesty, if been thinking about a switch as well. i'll probably ride the rc another season, although im getting worried about ever being competitive on it given my lack of experience, how skilled everyone is in the production classes, and most of all my size and weight. i really dont fit on that bike
i might make a switch to gp and fc with a fz07r. if so, i might need your expertise finding a salvage!

The RC was a perfect choice for you this season and you're kicking ass on it for a new guy. Just remember that the MRA is extremely competitive in every class, it's really hard to win on any bike. That FZ would be a hoot though. Dibs on test ride

Well look at it this way, your bike hasn't blown up :). It's been really tough learning the yamaha after putting so much energy into the KTM. I think the KTM just fits my style a lot better, plus it's a lot more power. Sigh

600s next year?

big_sur

The RC was a perfect choice for you this season and you're kicking ass on it for a new guy. Just remember that the MRA is extremely competitive in every class, it's really hard to win on any bike. That FZ would be a hoot though. Dibs on test ride

+1, I highly doubt there's anyone else out there that hasn't been riding motorcycles for quite a few years. It's all relative and you're competing against a very small fraction of 1%.

Well look at it this way, your bike hasn't blown up :). It's been really tough learning the yamaha after putting so much energy into the KTM. I think the KTM just fits my style a lot better, plus it's a lot more power. Sigh

600s next year?

Very true, keeping my fingers crossed.

Nope, too fast for me. I might build a LGP bike out of a 690\701, but that's probably about as fast as I care to race.

unicorn_violence

The RC was a perfect choice for you this season and you're kicking ass on it for a new guy. Just remember that the MRA is extremely competitive in every class, it's really hard to win on any bike.
+1, I highly doubt there's anyone else out there that hasn't been riding motorcycles for quite a few years. It's all relative and you're competing against a very small fraction of 1%.
thanks for the kind words fellas. the RC has definitely helped me speed learn how to race a motorcycle. if i give it another year im sure i'll learn a lot more. that fz07r keeps sparking my interest though!

but lets get real here, if you two are in the market for a different bike, you should probably just go this route........

5QkYQ9u.jpg

s1XByFQ.jpg

DAT ASS!!!
QN6jDq9.jpg

cornerslider

I'm probably good staying put. If Honda's recent performance is any indication, they'll squeeze all the excitement out of it, on the way to a stylish but boring result. It probably won't blow head gaskets or have fan failures. Reg/rects, OTOH...

If recent Honda dealer experience is any guide, they'll be 1000% more familiar and skilled working on a 250cc four-wheeler than the weeBR. J/S.

+1- I LOVE Honda (I have three of them in my garage right now) They make a really nice street bikes- not so much on the track...... The RC is a great track bike, that I can ride on the street if I get the itch to do so..... I'm staying put with the RC-

Major

and of course Honda will probably pull their usual BS where each dealer will only get 1 machine and they will arrive in August of 2017.

Rcdan

It is going to need the same mods the rc does most likely. Shock, fork internals, after market exhaust, etc.. It does look awesome but other than hopefully having honda quality it probably won't perform any better or even as well as the rc. I was hoping for around 300lbs dry and quality suspension and brakes.

Treachery

Country flag
and of course Honda will probably pull their usual BS where each dealer will only get 1 machine and they will arrive in August of 2017.

And half of the dealers will be some combination of clueless, disinterested, and greedy (stupid extra markup), and in March of 2018, half of the imported bikes will still be sitting on the showroom floors.