How to tap into the Tach for Lap Timer

RedWinter

Team,

Not 100% which wire is the right to tap into for getting Tach data to my GPX GPS Pro 4 Lap Timer?

Also not comfortable trying to interpret the wiring diagram. From what I have read online versus the wiring diagram I am now confused what line to tap. The red clips in the picture are what I am using and have used those to get to the power and ground from an accessory line.

Could anyone reply with a clear picture of which line I would need to tap into? Many thanks RC friends!!

gpx_pro4_timer_daq_system-1.jpg

Sadly, I have also overlooked how to mount my lap timer....yikes! There is double sided tape but don't think that is a risk I'd like to take. Going to be spastically shopping mounting options this weekend as well.

RedWinter

Found it! There is a plug that goes into another that is wired to the ignition coil. The wire matches the wiring diagram from the repair manual, it's the black wire next to the white and orange one. Spliced it into the GPX Pro 4 lap timer brown wire and viola, RPM!!!!!!

Grabbed a ram mount to a cell phone thingy and the lap timer is mounted. Going to safety wire it and the track bike will be in business.