I participated in my first race yesterday!

So, I participated in my first ever race this last weekend.
I raced with ASMA ASMA Roadracing Home Page.
It was an awesome weekend even though the weather in Deming, New Mexico sucked yesterday.
Roger and Michelle are great hosts, along with their crew they put on a fantastic event, and the hole Arroyo Seco family can't be beat.
We had some great racing and everyone had a blast!
They've also given me some great training, if you're in the area you should check them out.

I finished dead last in both races, but can't imagine a better weekend, and I'll get better.

I had a fair amount of trouble getting my bike together and ready for the track and had a lot of people help me out with parts or advice.

Formula 390 overnighted spares to the track after I crashed the damn thing. Formula390

Roger Heemsbergen at Arroyo Seco advice, training, offers of parts, and just anything he could do. All while running around like a chicken with his head cut off trying to get everything ready for a race weekend!
ASMA Roadracing Home Page
They also have some great sponsors, check them out if you need something, it helps keep our sport going and gives us places to ride.

Parts and advice from green_bread on the forums

AEO Powersports in Phoenix for getting my Race Tech cartridges together and installed after I screwed up my forks trying to do it myself., we had a lot of issues with these, they went out of there way to get them together for me so I'd have them for the weekend. AEO Powersports - Home

Reparto Veloce in Phoenix. Called them up, Jayson the owner answered the phone. Even though they aren't a KTM dealer, and it was pretty close to closing he probably spent 30 minutes on the phone with me just asking questions about my problem and giving advice. It was a huge help. He also runs Desert Road Racing, a great track day organization in Phoenix.
https://repartoveloce.com/
https://d-r-r-o.myshopify.com/

KTM Performance also was a big help with advice and parts. http://www.ktmperformance.com/

Ok, sorry for the commercial, I just had a great time, and all these guys were a tremendous help!

Last edited:

RedWinter

Great post and congrats on the weekend dead-last or no it's still an accomplishment to have raced. Hope to get lucky and brave enough myself to try at it as well. Also inspiring to see the support received to get a rider and bike out there.

Roger and Michelle are some of the best folks in racing, for sure. I cut my teeth in racing at Arroyo a number of years ago. Those days were some of the best I've ever had on bikes. Learn everything you can from those guys, except Greg Talbot. He's a big douche. You can tell him I said that.

Roger and Michelle are some of the best folks in racing, for sure. I cut my teeth in racing at Arroyo a number of years ago. Those days were some of the best I've ever had on bikes. Learn everything you can from those guys, except Greg Talbot. He's a big douche. You can tell him I said that.

LOL I'll let him know, I should be seeing him in a couple of weeks.