Installed an Evotech Radiator Guard

jokerio

Looks like it will protect the radiator well…. about a 5 minute install.
I am also going to install a set of Samco (blue) radiator hoses and water-lines. (as soon as they arrive)
They make 2 different kits, I'm getting the set with the thermostat by-pass. That should/will real cool thing down !
Products in KTM Street Bike Silicone Hose Kits

Attachments

• 20150806_144315.jpg
    20150806_144315.jpg
    510.2 KB · Views: 118
  • 20150808_121047.jpg
    20150808_121047.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 132

yo69xl

The guard looks nice. please let us know how the hoses kit works once you install it , if it makes a noticeable difference I might get it as well .

Treachery

Country flag
jokerio- If you get a chance to notice whether the guard makes any difference in operating temperature &/or the frequency of the fan cycling on, let us know.

Ryanthegreat1

Thermostat bypass will probably make things worse. The coolant won't spend as much time in the radiator to dissipate heat. I see this ALL the time in bikes.

morssolis

I thought that the thermo created a closed system until a certain temperature, and once activated, opened the circuit, allowing the coolant to flow?

Thermostat bypass will probably make things worse. The coolant won't spend as much time in the radiator to dissipate heat. I see this ALL the time in bikes.
I generally agree with this. I ran one bike with the thermostat modified so it was always wide open vs eliminated to produce some slowing of the flow for this very reason. We were running a carb'd SV in Texas endurance. I didn't hurt but the ambient temps were in the 100+ degree F. and I was more worried that it might stick shut. I add a higher pressure radiator cap now days to stave off a coolant puke. I just ordered a Moose 1.6bar unit to test on the RC.

jokerio

This is off the Samco website...

6 Piece Thermostatic Bypass / Race Samco Silicone Radiator Hose kit. This new unique kit removes OEM thermostat perfect for all fast road, race and track bikes. Significantly reducing running temperatures this Samco Sport RC 390 hose kit is a must for all racers and owners living in hot climates where bikes suffer from overheating issues.