Instrument Cluster/Control Unit Fuse Blowing on 17 RC390

naveed

The fuse 7, which is instrument cluster/control unit fuse (10A) keep blowing off. I disconnected the instrument cluster and the fuse still blew. I checked OBD codes and it has a P0108 code, which is "Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit High Input"; not sure if it is related to the fuse blowing.

I think there is probably a short somewhere, but I was wondering if somebody could help me trace the underlying issue.

ReidMcT

Premium Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Country flag
I guess the next step would be to remove the fuel tank cover and unplug the ECU which is attached to the rear of the fuel tank. Or unplug the MAP sensor.

ReidMcT

Premium Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Country flag
Thanks! Do you know where is the MAP sensor?
My bike is not handy for me to look, but I'm pretty sure it is on the throttle body, on the engine side of the butterfly valve. Two other wiring connections to the throttle body are the fuel injector and the throttle position sensor. If you know what those look like, then the other one should be the MAP sensor. The injector has a fuel hose attached, and the TPS connects to the throttle. As I said, I'm not certain, but I hope this helps.

Last edited: