Is there an ABS removal write up anywhere?

m3hl

Country flag
Forum Member Fasteddy helped (did all the work) with mine. Its really straight-forward and we were able to re-use the stock lines. The only tricky thing was adding a resistor so there isnt an error. I was able to keep my speedo working. Maybe he will chime in.
Bust basically it was just un-bolt the ABS unit and connecting lines. Took about 30 minutes (after having the tank off).

Last edited:
xplodee, yes removing the whole set up from the bike.

Thanks m3hl, I actually have the ABS bypass lines on the way, and I don't care if there's an error, or if the speedo works.
I'm not expecting it to be very difficult, just always nice if someone has a write up.

Thanks guys!

Follow all lines to the unit. Disconnect them all. Remove bolts holding unit down. Remove unit.

That being said there's a ton of crap blocking reaching the heads of bolts holding the lines down. You may need a 3 year olds hands and plenty of whiskey.

xplodee

xplodee, yes removing the whole set up from the bike.

Thanks m3hl, I actually have the ABS bypass lines on the way, and I don't care if there's an error, or if the speedo works.
I'm not expecting it to be very difficult, just always nice if someone has a write up.

Thanks guys!
But you can anyway switch it off anytime. Why remove it completely ?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

But you can anyway switch it off anytime. Why remove it completely ?

I find it makes it much harder to bleed the brakes properly, and get a good feel for the lever and peddle.
And it's a dedicated track bike I just figure I may as well just pull it all out.

Follow all lines to the unit. Disconnect them all. Remove bolts holding unit down. Remove unit.

That being said there's a ton of crap blocking reaching the heads of bolts holding the lines down. You may need a 3 year olds hands and plenty of whiskey.

Thanks Trailerboy!

xplodee

I find it makes it much harder to bleed the brakes properly, and get a good feel for the lever and peddle.
And it's a dedicated track bike I just figure I may as well just pull it all out.
Dedicated track bike. Yep then it makes sense.
If in India, you could easily sell abs kit.
The RC200 people drool for it. [emoji23]

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
If in India, you could easily sell abs kit.
The RC200 people drool for it. [emoji23]

Heck xplodee, you should start asking folks to sell you their removed units then from racers here in the US. There's gotta be piles of the things collecting dust and racers eager to get some funds freed up to pay for other bits. If there's a market there for the RC200 folks, and build out a kit with used parts from US racers to fill the need! :)

I'm curious how their speedo is working without the ABS unit tho. What are their bikes using for a sensor for the speed? I admit, I haven't spent much of any time spelunking through the RC200 parts fische to see the deviations from the 390.

green_bread

Country flag
Ive got an entire ABS system (module and lines) sitting around. If one of you guys from India wants to pay for the shipping from the US, Id be glad to get it out of my garage. ;-)

Izu

How big is the thing? my sister is coming in from Portland end of this month, I might actually be able to do this.

RedWinter

Just completed this operation. Received the spiegler ABS bypass lines from KTMPerformance because I am setting the bike up for track only. With the ECU flashed to the Akra map the ABS error won't occur. It was quite a task but not all that bad truly. The new brake feel is incredible. As a novice rider and with little mechanical experience the job wasn't that bad.

To start tank had to come off (or just way up and back). From there I drained all the brake lines just using the levers. Once empty I unbolted all the banjoes from outside and then inside and slipped the lines and speed sensors off and out. That left the ABS module in the heart of the machine. Unbolting the coil and a few other things in the way was necessary. Ended up fishing the module out towards the tank and it came off. Unfortunately the module is bolted to the frame, or a bracket that is bolted to the frame. That required using wrenches sideways with tiny little turns until it came out. I should have filmed the operation and put commentary to it. Anyways, it's very do-able even for a newb and now I have wicked orange lines and killer braking.

Thanks RedWinter.

Just completed this operation. Received the spiegler ABS bypass lines from KTMPerformance because I am setting the bike up for track only. With the ECU flashed to the Akra map the ABS error won't occur. It was quite a task but not all that bad truly. The new brake feel is incredible. As a novice rider and with little mechanical experience the job wasn't that bad.

To start tank had to come off (or just way up and back). From there I drained all the brake lines just using the levers. Once empty I unbolted all the banjoes from outside and then inside and slipped the lines and speed sensors off and out. That left the ABS module in the heart of the machine. Unbolting the coil and a few other things in the way was necessary. Ended up fishing the module out towards the tank and it came off. Unfortunately the module is bolted to the frame, or a bracket that is bolted to the frame. That required using wrenches sideways with tiny little turns until it came out. I should have filmed the operation and put commentary to it. Anyways, it's very do-able even for a newb and now I have wicked orange lines and killer braking.