jerky acceleration after removing and reinstall fairings

steve77

Country flag
Recently remove my fairings to put on some sliders 2018 rc390 and I don't know if it was related to that but a couple days after putting on sliders I was pulling out of my driveway and engines kind of sputtering a bit maybe like around like 6/7 thousand RPM or whatever like you're trying to go and it's like like coughing or something.

I remember filling up recently so I don't think it's bad gas or anything I mean unless somehow I'm pinching a cable or maybe some sort of evap hose came off when I was messing around with the fairings does anybody have any clue on what this might be it's like you you go and it's like very jerky for some reason

know the RC 390 has the electronic throttle so I mean originally thought that my installation was pinching the throttle cable on a traditional bike but with electronic throttle that's hard to pinpoint this

welcome any feedback

I just thought of something I didn't notice that this problem only occurs while you're actually writing or driving the bike if you're sitting and you're just like revving the engine or whatever it totally sounds awesome like there's no problem but as soon as you ride it there's like no power and kind of like sputters before you get to shift it into a higher gear

Last edited:

steve77

Country flag
Maybe the evap stuff on the left fairing got unplugged?

Yeah this is what i was concerned about i removed both fairings again luckily not too hard and took some pics.... (pics are large to show details)

but there was nothing out of the ordinary. There are 2 ports on the canister that dont look like they were ever connected and 2 hoses going down as drains. One is for coolant and the other has a weird cap on it sadly i dont have an 2018 service a manual but none of the hoses looked kinked.

On the other (right) side i did move the clutch cable down and out of the way of my new sliders (hopefully ill never need them) but thats it. I mean it crossed my mind that an over extended clutch cable perhaps cause this was well, however I tried fiddling with cluch adjustment at the bars and it didnt seem to make any difference but seeking second opinion. I dont know maybe someone sees something in the pics i overlooked.

steve77

Country flag
Status: It is not the air filter causing the sputtering on 2018 RC390 - still looking into fuel filter, plugs and hopefully not injectors... and although i lack a service manual the canister on the left farring has 2 open ports - which also do not seem to be part of this problem. ISSUE WAS RULED TO BE A FAULTY FUEL PUMP EVEN THOUGH THE BIKE WAS JUST OVER ONE YEAR OLD.

Last edited: