Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Sad news! I just got off the phone with JRi. The new owners have made the decision to DISCONTINUE all of their motorcycle shock lines for everything other than Harlies. Jeff is still with the company, but they are going to "concentrate on cars and cruisers" going forward, as "we don't have enough volume to continue that line of shocks."

I was calling to check on the status of my order for inventory, and that when and how I was informed of their decision.
1f641.png

Not sure which way I'll go at this point. I'm considering K-Tech, WP, Bitubo, and Penske as potential options.

Back to the drawing board... Dammit!

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
What’s your opinion on the Nitron shock?

They contacted me and I asked them to send me the specs on the shock. I marked up the changes I wanted made ,and was informed they were basically looking for me to just rubber stamp the design and sell it.

My opinion is that it's too short (they shortened it to appeal to the short riders ,like the younger riders in the UK) and the valving is seriously off, so there isn't enough usable adjustment for the range of riders who are light or (ahem) have a bit more... girth... So basically while it could be passable for street duty IF you are light enough and are only commuting on it on the street and VERY rare backroad blasts, then it's better than the stock boat anchor... but I wouldn't ever want to sell or support it.

So ,is it better than the stock shock? Yes.
What do I think if it? Garbage.

They can make better shocks, but they got the specs for the RC390 all wrong ,and were not interested in the feedback to make it better. So ,that relationship ended prPret Damn Quick.