Kriega US-30 or US-20???

Tobi-Miller

Hi everyone!

I got my RC 390 for a few weeks now and I am very pleased with it! This is my first post so: HI!

At the weekends I do some longer trips with my RC 390 so I am looking for a tailpack for my bike.
I took a closer look at the original KTM-packs; small (10-30L) and big (24-36L); but somehow I do not like them.
The Kriega US-30 or US-20 is more my kind. But I wonder if these packs are fit on the small tail of the RC 390 especially the US-30!? Does anyone made some experiences with this packs?
A pic would be very nice!

Thanks and regards
Tobi
If somethings sounds strange, I am from Germany ;)

ArkansasDave

Kriega makes hands down the best packs imo. I would think either would fit on the tail, I'm not sure if there are good tie down points.

Not a rc390 or a very good pic but this is a us30 on a street triple. Worked great.

Also your English sounded fine to me, most Germans I've talked to know English a lot better than Americans know German.

Ryanthegreat1

I strap a large tank bag to the tail of my RC. The tank bag has some sort of rubberized gripper material that sticks really well to the passenger seat. I carried a gallon of fuel, a change of clothes, a small tool pack, and helmet lens cleaner. This setup did not move an inch over some very rough and fast roads. It does however limit the top speed. Typically I have no issues hitting the rev limiter at 110mph but with the bag on I can only get to 104.

The bag is a Firstgear Onyx Expandable Magnetic Tank Bag 18L to 25L. Looks huge on this tiny bike.[h=1][/h]
IMG_20150711_075821.jpg

Last edited:

Tobi-Miller

Thanks for the replies!

After seeing these pics I am still not quite sure :S I took a closer look at the dimensions of all these bags:

Firstgear Onyx (I somehow found two dimensions):
16.5x6.6x6.6’’(420x168x168mm)
14x10x11’’ (expanded 355x254x280mm)

Kriega US30:
17.5x11.6x8.8’’ (445x295x225mm)

Kriega US20:
15.75x10.23x7.48’’ (400x260x190mm)

In the most application I saw the US30 mounted crosswise (besides that one from ArkansasDave on his street triple ;) ). Mounted crosswise I should have no space problems. Maybe the bag will jut out a bit at the left and at the right.
My backpack I usually use has about 25 to 30 liters so I guess I will need that space. I will order the US30 and give it a try. If it won’t work at all I still can send it back.

I will post some pics of the US30 mounted on my RC390 to share my experiences.

Greeting,
Tobi

Last edited:

Tobi-Miller

Hey!

As promised her some pics how I attached the US30 to my RC.
Looking huge on that bike, but I think this will do.

12.jpg123.jpg1234.jpg

I had to put the subframe loops together. I am a bit unsatisfied with the left subframe loop. This one is right above the air intake (donno if this is the right word). But it should not interfere with the air intake. That this one is a little bit loose is more my problem. Maybe I remove it and when needed I put it under the whole rear.
Maybe u got some suggestions to do it better!? And there are also the rack loops and Panigale fit-kit (for this I found no shop in Germany jet) from Kriega. Maybe I give them a try as well.

Rack Loops - Kriega

Panigale fit-kit - Kriega

Greetings!