KTM RC 390 CAM TIMING

Wobz31

Country flag
Hi ,

We are racing here in South Africa and as per the WSS rules we are able to adjust cam timing . Have any of you dialled your stock cams in and did it make a big difference?

kostean

Country flag
I think at this forum there are only a few members who have gone to that extent that have made any changes with cams or cam timing. At earlier years ktmperformance.com had even a kit developed but that is out of sale for already a long time.

For what I suspect from high left/long duration cams is that without replacing also the valve springs that is a recipe for expensive repairs as the OEM springs seem not to handle even the raised RPM with the stock cam, have not jet investigated what would be the more racing suitable single springs that fit 390 but for sure would like to get a set of these to be on the safe side.

390Peso

Country flag
Hey!

Don't get me wrong i don't race by the way. But i think you won't be needing a camshaft for track racing, you could but as far as i know it goes hand in hand with valve springs + retainers. I've seen gray area KTM have these titanium springs + retainers available.

Kind regards,

Bigpeso33

KTMasean

Country flag
The retainers are titanium and still available, the springs though I don't think these were titanium, anyway are no longer available, unfortunately.