Boardinfourlife

Country flag
Click To Redeem Dino Ride

The Dino Ride is down :( (KTM RC390)

It was a beautiful day out. Hopped on the bike and cruised down the highway. As I cruised, I noticed

specks of water shooting up and hitting my face shield. I thought, it's sunny out, what's going on?

As I looked down, the coolant reservoir had puked coolant up through the cap and now was all over the bike and my helmet :(

I got home as soon as I could to assess the situation. Something with the bike was not right. I called the service shops and they were all busy for the next couple weeks, but offered some suggestions to trouble shoot why the bike did what it did.

I tried a few things, but new something was still not right. I finally was able to book a spot into the shop after a month of waiting. The news that came next was unexpected.

The techs had said through diagnosis; the head gasket and water seal gasket would need to be replaced, and potentially something else.

Needless to say, I was in utter disbelief. The bike was at low kms @ 11,000kms. I'm just an intermediate rider, so ripping on it hard at full speed was just out of the question.

The tech spoke that the bill may be close to 2000$ or more and that really bummed me out. I'd be without a bike for potentially a month and a half. I went ahead with the repair because I have full confidence in the techs making it become better and stronger than before!

So here I am, going down avenues to build up the cash for the repair. I got a month and a half to get it all together and I'm going to find a way.

I set up this go fund me, to provide some enjoyable content on this platform and in return hopefully get a donation or two to go towards the bike repair. Even an encouraging comment will help keep the positivity up.

So please enjoy, and hopefully one day soon, the Dino ride will be back on the road :)

Started a go fund me, because yolo.

-Big E
Takes me 5 too 6 hours tops to swap out a head gasket depending top or bottom block of cylinder.. for $3000 you could have purchased damn near every tool in the repair manual plus both gaskets 😳