KTM RC390 engine performance

kostean

Country flag
I was wondering are there any producers left who might be having availability for RC390 engine performance parts or is KTM really becoming obsolete for any more serious supersport 300 racing when set against tuned Kawas and Yamahas?

RC390 CUP, it is a good machine out of the box when considering ergonomics and suspension and with unrestricted exhaust and intake and with programmable ECU can upkeep with Kawas and Yamahas on acceleration, but gets hopelessly run out of steam at any longer straights.

Hence my thought on how much could there be still found at this engine when considering there is already short intake funnel, oversized injector and Tyga exhaust header added and does anyone even know from where to get a set of high lift cams to try to squeeze out a bit more from that powerplant.

kostean

Country flag
Upping this topics a bit. Here at Northen Europe it is end of racing season and time to start maintaining engines so if anyone does know a reliable source of 390 engine internal performance parts- do let me know..