Leaking Badly From Air Box

Buildable

Well i'm back with another problem...

I got my bike back from my mechanic a few days ago and had a ton of work done on the bike. Including rocker cover gasket and a general service.

When I pulled up at home after a totally normal ride the bike started to spew out a ice-coffee coloured liquid, the bike did not overheat. Its hard to tell where its all leaking from as it has flung absolutely everywhere. It looks like its all coming out of the crack that develops in everyone's air box... This is my second air box i've had to put on the bike and now i'm a year out of warranty so i'm SOL.

I took the bike back to my mechanic, where he ran it on the dyno for 20 minutes and gave it a good look over. He couldn't find anything wrong and said to keep riding and if it happens again bring it back. Unfortunately it has happened again, so before I take it back to him it would be good to see if someone could point me in the right direction of what might be going on.

The liquid seems to be partly oil and its leaving a pretty nasty residue, it doesn't smell very strong but has a faint oil smell. Coolant level has gone down by about a cup and the bike is now heating up very fast. 5m to the fan going on and at 7 mins its only one bar away from the dangerzone. I have never seen my bike get that hot even after sitting in the Australian summer traffic.

Bike has 24k KM on it, PCV with a custom tune, TYGA pipes, SPAL fan and K&N filter.

Is it maybe just time to sell the bike and go bikeless for a few months before i'm allowed to ride my CBR? I think that would kill me though.

Some pictures attached of the liquid and where most of it is coming from.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

Attachments

• 20170920_153301.jpg
    20170920_153301.jpg
    601.1 KB · Views: 116
  • 20170818_133635.jpg
    20170818_133635.jpg
    682.4 KB · Views: 134

Buildable

Sorry for the late update guys. I’m just in shock still I guess. AFL finals here in Aus so work is absolutely hectic.
Head gasket is leaking and so is the water pump.
If I go for the repair (2k AUD for both). Then I will have spent more on repair than the bike is worth. Mechanic says the bike is already burning a bit of oil so this price includes a top end rebuild.
My license becomes unrestricted in 6 months and I will be getting a CBR so it just doesn’t feel worth it to repair.
So I’m kinda lost right now... don’t know what to do with the bike. Under 3 years old and its now only good for parts.
My mechanical know how isn’t quite good enough to attempt a repair like this. But maybe it could be a good place to learn?