LED in mirrors not connected to anything?

El_Bard0

Country flag
I was changing out the windscreen today and finally found out why the integrated LED lights on my mirrors don't work, it's because they're not connected to anything! Both sides same thing, just the plug hanging out by itself. I dug around a little and I don't even see any harness leading to the mirrors, so is my bike an anomaly or are the led mirror signals not meant to be functional on US bikes?

El_Bard0

Country flag
Update: I was doing other work on the bike which required taking all the fairings off, and decided to dig around the "head" and look for the LED mirror light harness. Conclusion: there is none. At least not on my bike.

Is this a "US only" thing or did my bike get put together by someone sloppy enough to not run the wire harness properly? It's something minor but it really bothers.

Fasteddy

Country flag
North American bikes do not have the wiring for euro mirrors with indicators (2015), it is not hard to add the connections as the same signals travel to the instrument cluster and you can just splice into that part of the wiring harness. I thought had a post with pics showing mine and how...
Screenshot from 2023-03-18 08-28-43.png