Level after an oil change

THR007

I have a KTM RC 390 for which I recently got the engine oil changed. They changed the oil filter too and they used 1.5l Motul 7100 4T as recommended. Thing is that I noticed the oil level is not between the mark that should be and I checked it a couple of times. Then I checked with the KTM service and arguing with them, they drained the entire oil and showed me the oil that they used in a measurement jar. I got some assurance and then got the engine oil filled again. They mentioned I can see the right level during morning but no way and still its at that low level when I checked the oil level keeping the bike upright. I have seen threads mentioning you might have to fill in 1.6-1.7l to get the right level. And these KTM guys also mentioned the same that they had to use around 1.6. But I am just not getting the right oil level that it should be. What is your opinion on this guys?. I am planning to do a minor top up on my own to get the right level. Whats your opinion?

I find my 2017 RC390 takes about 1.8 liters to fill.
When I empty mine I also lean it to each side for a few minutes which may account for the slightly higher level.
I also find it requires riding and fully warming the motor to do an accurate check, otherwise it shows very low.
When I change my oil I always change the filter also.
I only use mine on the track, so what i do is fill with about 1.7L maybe slightly more.
I do 5 or 6 laps on the track, I go fairly fast, but I don't push rally hard.
I let the bike sit for about 5 min and check the level.
Generally I need to add slightly less than .1 liter to get it right.

If you can't go to the track I'd ride around the neighborhood till it was fully up to temp, and I mean till the fan comes on, and check it after it settles for a few min.

THR007

I find my 2017 RC390 takes about 1.8 liters to fill.
When I empty mine I also lean it to each side for a few minutes which may account for the slightly higher level.
I also find it requires riding and fully warming the motor to do an accurate check, otherwise it shows very low.
When I change my oil I always change the filter also.
I only use mine on the track, so what i do is fill with about 1.7L maybe slightly more.
I do 5 or 6 laps on the track, I go fairly fast, but I don't push rally hard.
I let the bike sit for about 5 min and check the level.
Generally I need to add slightly less than .1 liter to get it right.

If you can't go to the track I'd ride around the neighborhood till it was fully up to temp, and I mean till the fan comes on, and check it after it settles for a few min.

Alright. Great!!!. Thanks for your reply!!