Looking for 1.6 Radiator cap

Jerchiz

Country flag
Im Looking a 1.6 Bar Radiator cap for my 2015 rc390. What are all the aftermarket ones that fit. Also it has to be in New Zealand or Australia cause I really don't feel like paying $38 in shipping for a $25 part from a seller on the other side of the world.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Jerchiz

Country flag
Hi Mate, I too had trouble finding one in Aust.
I bought a Helix one from USA.
https://mnnthbx.com/product/1-6-bar-radiator-cap-ktm-rc390-duke-390/
I filled my RC with engine ice coolant also.
My fan comes on heaps less, and is not on for as long when it does come on, as before.
There is heaps of info on this forum regarding cooling.
Yeah I was looking at that Helix one and the Moose racing one. I'm going to try this 1.6 bar cap made by DRC for motocross on trademe for $20. They said if it doesn't fit I can return it and it's here in New Zealand.
I also have the 2021 ktm 390 adventure and it over heats lots.
So far I have bought the spal fan, and silicon rad hoses and ice coolant. Hopefully this summer I'll have no overheating issues.

davoboy

Country flag
Yeah I was looking at that Helix one and the Moose racing one. I'm going to try this 1.6 bar cap made by DRC for motocross on trademe for $20. They said if it doesn't fit I can return it and it's here in New Zealand.
I also have the 2021 ktm 390 adventure and it over heats lots.
So far I have bought the spal fan, and silicon rad hoses and ice coolant. Hopefully this summer I'll have no overheating issues.
Hi mate, I too found motorcross ones, but was unsure of fitment. Being able to return if wrong is fantastic.

I asked KTM at my first service about overheating and at that point the bike was stock as a rock. They explained that the normal operating temperature was 2 bars below the top of the gauge. The fan kicks in when the temp is at the top of the gauge and goes off when the temp is 2 bars below the top.
They said not to panic unless the fan failed to bring the temp down. I asked about 1.6 bar cap and engine ice coolant, they recommended I do install these products.

Jerchiz

Country flag
Interesting...
The DRC 1.6 radiator cap fits perfectly and works great. I got it from Motozone.co.nz for only $19.99 plus $5 shipping.
So if anyone needs one that lives in New Zealand and wants it with in a couple days instead of a month or two.