Low oil pressure.

rudra2k14

My bike’s engine oil level is fine but while cruising at 50-60kmph the display suddenly shows Low oil pressure.

What could be the reason?
Any solution?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattv

Country flag
Read through this thread: https://www.rc390-forum.com/forum/k...m/2789-low-oil-pressure-light-2017-rc390.html

I would try an oil and filter change. If that doesn't resolve the issue, I would take it to a dealer. Part number for the oil pressure sensor is 90138091000; you could try replacing it, but as you will read in the above thread, it's probably not the sensor.

I would take it to a dealer so there's at least a record of the problem. It's serious.

Don't ride the bike until it's resolved. If you have to ride it to reproduce the issue, plan on stopping immediately when the warning is displayed.

rudra2k14

Read through this thread: https://www.rc390-forum.com/forum/k...m/2789-low-oil-pressure-light-2017-rc390.html

I would try an oil and filter change. If that doesn't resolve the issue, I would take it to a dealer. Part number for the oil pressure sensor is 90138091000; you could try replacing it, but as you will read in the above thread, it's probably not the sensor.

I would take it to a dealer so there's at least a record of the problem. It's serious.

Don't ride the bike until it's resolved. If you have to ride it to reproduce the issue, plan on stopping immediately when the warning is displayed.

Till now the engine oil level seems perfect and oil color also. but still sometimes it shows Low Oil Pressure.

Tom

There are two oil screens on our motor, check those to see if they have become clogged. They are reusable, so just rinse them off and re-install them once dried. Refer to the bike's manual for the location of them.

rudra2k14

There are two oil screens on our motor, check those to see if they have become clogged. They are reusable, so just rinse them off and re-install them once dried. Refer to the bike's manual for the location of them.

What could the reason for showing low oil pressure? I’m planning for a trip of total 1600 km is it safe to go?

John390

do not drive any vehicle if it is showing low oil pressure.

oil level and oil pressure are not the same thing. The low pressure needs to be diagnosed. If its a sensor issue, or wiring issue or computer issue thats one thing, but if its actually low oil pressure, the engine will suffer serious damage.

A known good mechanical gauge needs to be connected to the system and the engine run and the oil pressure carefully monitored. If there is a dyno, it will be easier to monitor. If that doesn't show low pressure at all, ever, with the known good mechanical gauge, then its probably a sensor or other electrical issue and the diagnosis can go from there.

If the diagnostic gauge shows low pressure, DON'T RUN THE ENGINE until the problem is conclusively solved!

rudra2k14

do not drive any vehicle if it is showing low oil pressure.

oil level and oil pressure are not the same thing. The low pressure needs to be diagnosed. If its a sensor issue, or wiring issue or computer issue thats one thing, but if its actually low oil pressure, the engine will suffer serious damage.

A known good mechanical gauge needs to be connected to the system and the engine run and the oil pressure carefully monitored. If there is a dyno, it will be easier to monitor. If that doesn't show low pressure at all, ever, with the known good mechanical gauge, then its probably a sensor or other electrical issue and the diagnosis can go from there.

If the diagnostic gauge shows low pressure, DON'T RUN THE ENGINE until the problem is conclusively solved!

The low oil pressure lit up when riding constantly on 50kmph on 5th gear. after every ride i check the engine oil screen and the oil level n quality seems to be perfect.

John390

again, low oil LEVEL is not the same as low oil PRESSURE.

The engines mechanical oil pump needs to be able to produce lots of oil pressure in order to keep the bearings from being badly damaged.

Get it checked out.

Or not, its your bike.

rudra2k14

again, low oil LEVEL is not the same as low oil PRESSURE.

The engines mechanical oil pump needs to be able to produce lots of oil pressure in order to keep the bearings from being badly damaged.

Get it checked out.

Or not, its your bike.

Going for the checkup on 1st of November. Hope for the best