Lowering kit rc390

Chuckygolucky

Country flag
Hi
I have a rc390 2020, I’m only 5’1 and cannot touch the floor at ..all well slightly leaned on tip toes!!
I was sold the bike from a KTM dealership telling me they would lower it for me, unfortunately all they did was reduced the pre load. I’m a little female weighing 8 n half stone so this makes no difference! They told me it can be lowered yet when I returned a week later they said they couldn’t do it.
So can someone put some light on my situation and tell me it’s possible to lower my little beauty??
Thank you

Fasteddy

Country flag
Here are a few with just a quick search of the web, there are some threads here on the forum also...

Chuckygolucky

Country flag
Hi
Thank you.. I did look and see the duke ones but I got told it’s different for the rc390?? Oh my I’m so confused.. if only I was taller, it would be so much easier haha

Fasteddy

Country flag
Hi
Thank you.. I did look and see the duke ones but I got told it’s different for the rc390?? Oh my I’m so confused.. if only I was taller, it would be so much easier haha
RC and Duke are the same, check out KTM parts finder. Same shock / swing arm etc.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Honestly, you only need to get one toe down. Shift to the side if needed. The bike has enough clearance issues and a lowering kit is a quick trip to the hospital after you lowside when the bike levers a tire off the ground in a turn.

Really. REALLY! Don't do it.

Biker

Country flag
I fully sympathise with you as I am vertically challenged too.

I have always preferred sports bikes and they are always tall for me but I try to get around them with a few tricks - decreasing the rear shock preload, dropping the front forks a bit to match, thinning the seat and wearing good riding boots with thick soles plus insoles. Also for some bikes you can get kits to lower further.
People go on about it ruining the handling but tbh I ride to enjoy and don't do track days on these bikes so it doesn't matter for me.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
The huge Huge HUGE problem with the lowering kit with the RC390 is the bike already has a pretty marginal amount of ground clearance. You can scrape the bottom of the bike with normal height, and with a lowering kit you are SERIOUSLY risking levering the tires off the pavement. You only need to get one toe down. That's all. Shift your butt over to the side, and you'll still be able to flat foot even if you are the most inseam challenged there is. Seriously, don't do it!