Map for Tyga dual exhausts

mskalka

Hey all, I recently purchased a set of Tyga oval undertail exhausts for my 2016 RC390 from Formula390. The bike already has a PC V installed from the Werks exhaust I'm replacing (jesus that thing was loud) and I'd like to adjust the tune to match. Searching high and low for a baseline map for the new exhausts and I'm coming up with nothing. Can anyone point me in the right direction? The bike also has the usual airbox lid modification and a K&N filter. Cheers!

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I'll get the Tyga map sent to you. I've hunted my drives but all I can find are the Maps that Chad Wells created, which I can't give out. I've got Matt with Tyga in Thailand on the hook for sending me the file, and once I have it in hand I'll get it over to you. Sorry for the delay.

mskalka

I'll get the Tyga map sent to you. I've hunted my drives but all I can find are the Maps that Chad Wells created, which I can't give out. I've got Matt with Tyga in Thailand on the hook for sending me the file, and once I have it in hand I'll get it over to you. Sorry for the delay.

Hey, thanks for the reply! No rush haha, I figured I'd take the two-pronged approach and see if anyone here could shoot one over. It's about to be a very rainy week on the East Coast so I'll sit tight :)

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
You bet. I don't think the Tyga guys check the forum much these days, and let me be the one to keep on top of things here... and then only poke their heads in if I tell them they need to. LOL

I asked Matt for the file on the weekend, and he only had his phone at the time so didn't have access to the pcv file. He was going to send it to me on Monday, but my guess is he got distracted playing with the exhaust he's been working on lately for the NSR/RS 250. I sent him a badger reminder this AM, and expect I'll get it tonight (Tuesday evening for me, Wednesday AM for him) and I'll get it forwarded on to you.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I have thee maps for the Tyga Exhaust, which can be found at:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Zue06QyNgVnbAqHZ3oxapq1gDWRiSC-U

They are as follows:
1) Tyga-Race_Bike-DB_Killer.pvm : TYGA Race/Serpent w/DB Killer, Stock air filter
2) Tyga-Race_Pipe-Open_Airbox.pvm : Stock air filter and intake system, TYGA Serpent Pipe, No DBK
3) Tyga-Race_Pipe-STD_AB.pvm : Stock air filter and intake system, TYGA Serpent Pipe, No DBK

Of course, for the best match, I recommend buying your PCv from Chad Wells at Commonwealth Moto, and getting your map from him, or building a map on a dyno with your specific bike and your specific state of tune, but these three maps are what Tyga has for the exhaust system.

mskalka

I have thee maps for the Tyga Exhaust, which can be found at:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Zue06QyNgVnbAqHZ3oxapq1gDWRiSC-U

They are as follows:
1) Tyga-Race_Bike-DB_Killer.pvm : TYGA Race/Serpent w/DB Killer, Stock air filter
2) Tyga-Race_Pipe-Open_Airbox.pvm : Stock air filter and intake system, TYGA Serpent Pipe, No DBK
3) Tyga-Race_Pipe-STD_AB.pvm : Stock air filter and intake system, TYGA Serpent Pipe, No DBK

Of course, for the best match, I recommend buying your PCv from Chad Wells at Commonwealth Moto, and getting your map from him, or building a map on a dyno with your specific bike and your specific state of tune, but these three maps are what Tyga has for the exhaust system.

Matt, thanks for uploading these! Looks like I'll still have to take it in for a tune, but it gives me a much better baseline than the current map.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
There are LOTS of guys racing with Chads maps without local tune for your specific changes. You may also be able to examine the 3 Tyga provided maps and try to tweak it to your needs without having to specifically pay for the dyno time to do a full tune for your build. Chad provides maps, and has one for the Tyga exhaust, but that's a service for people who purchased their PCv from him. With your bike being used, you may be lucky and the PCv was initially purchased from him. If not, you may be able to sweet talk him into selling you a map. That would almost certainly be cheaper (I would think) than half a day of dyno time (and wear on the bike doing all those pulls) to get you a map that'll work really well on your bike. If you have access to cheap(ish) Dyno time tho, then that's certainly the way to go if your tuner is really good... that said, far as I know, nobody is getting more power out of an RC than Chad.