MCRA ULGT Race - Gateway Motorsports Park - 10/14/2017

green_bread

Country flag
Good morning, everyone! I have to apologize for falling down on the job and not getting the videos from the final MCRA Racing challenge series round posted on Friday. I ran in to some health issues that kept me immobile over the weekend, but Im back and ready to get this week rolling!

10/14/17 - Gateway Motorsports Park - Sat. Race

After Cameron crashed out of the Sun race at HPT, it put me ahead by 1 point in the championship standings heading in to the final event of the year. I had kept a good eye on Cameron's practice times throughout the morning before the race and saw that I had about a half of a second to a second on him with the pace I was able to run. My plan was to jump out front quickly like I did in the Aug race at Gateway before my shifter came apart, and try to maintain/stretch out a comfortable gap. Apparently, Cameron had other plans. :-D He was able to win the drag to T1 and just beat me in to the lead. I tried everything I could to find a way past him but I was never quite able to get close enough coming in to the corner/mid corner to make a move that I could make stick. This is probably our best and hardest fought battle of the year and it makes for a pretty good video! Hope you all have as much fun watching it as we had in the race! :)

[video=youtube;XU46bhL89PU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU46bhL89PU[/video]