reenmachine

Country flag
Can these also act as mirror eliminators when you want to temporarily remove your mirrors for track days? I know they wouldn't look the best that way, but so what for a track day.

MNNTHBX

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Can these also act as mirror eliminators when you want to temporarily remove your mirrors for track days? I know they wouldn't look the best that way, but so what for a track day.
They would, but we sell sleeker mirror block-off plate for just that purpose...

reenmachine

Country flag
They would, but we sell sleeker mirror block-off plate for just that purpose...

Yes, I'm aware of those. But, like pretty much everyone, I need to do something about these mirrors and was hoping the new wedges could occasionally pull double duty.

aj@x

For those that have the wedges fitted, can you still turn your bars from lock to lock without the brake and clutch levers hitting the mirrors since they will now be lower?

My wedges turned up today but won't be fitting them for a little while, i am absolutely impressed with the quality of the machining and anodising, quality wise these things are as perfect as perfect gets.

Fasteddy

Country flag
For those that have the wedges fitted, can you still turn your bars from lock to lock without the brake and clutch levers hitting the mirrors since they will now be lower?

Yes. Lock to lock with clearance to spare, tested twice in last 20 minutes at to different stops while looping into parking places out running errands..
Oddly when I was getting ready to leave I was thinking about the issue with the faring mount being mis aligned and was looking at what it takes to get to the mount, not fun...

aj@x

Yes. Lock to lock with clearance to spare, tested twice in last 20 minutes at to different stops while looping into parking places out running errands..
Oddly when I was getting ready to leave I was thinking about the issue with the faring mount being mis aligned and was looking at what it takes to get to the mount, not fun...

Cheers mate! great to hear there is clearance still as find myself using full lock alot when getting my bike in and out of my garage and past the wifes car ;) Yeah the fairing mount is not the greatest to get to, it's a half hour job taking your time with it. Since the mount is welded crooked and there is no adjustment available they will either need to send it to a frame repairer to be rewelded straight or replace the frame, still waiting to hear back.

Last edited:

OldVet

I an so stoked... I just ordered mine today. Any idea how long to ship to Southern California?

It took mine about a week, it would have been quicker if USPS didn't drop the ball, they got hung up for a couple of days in LA for some reason...

Major

Tried to order a set today, website said you are out of stock. Any ideas when you will have them again?

Cornfish

I ordered a set last week and received them in two days. They installed in minutes and have been a big improvement. I think they look better. lane splitting has been unchanged, and visibility is improved. It isn't perfect, but without making something much wider I don't know what would be. I definitely do much less elbow-chicken wing to try and se behind me.

aj@x

Finally a got around to fitting mine today, nice quality product and very easy to fit however i wasn't totally impressed with mirror position for my body type etc and took them back off after ten minutes. If you are wanting to add these purely for better vision in your mirrors then go for it they aren't too bad and should suit most.

I am going to remove the mirrors altogether and install round bar end mirrors and sell these wedges on to someone else who they will suit better, i also prefer the cleaner look.

I have full length billet after market levers and i had about 5mm if that mirror clearance when using the wedges as they drop the entire mirror stalk down a little bit to far in my opinion, if your running the twiggy stock levers or shorties you won't have this problem.

The wedges cost me a bit of a hundred bucks to get em here to Australia but i'm glad i tried em out at least, definitely one of those products that will help many but not all, can't knock the quality of the product though.

Last edited:

MNNTHBX

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback. I would like to recommend that anyone takes the time to readjust the mirrors after installing the wedges however. Taking time to do this helps clearance as well as spreads the field of vision far wider than OEM delivery.