Moto3 type fairing for the RC

I'm with ya, I want my rc to look like the KTM on the track!

That depends on what you're willing to work towards. Without question the upper from the production KTM 125 GP bike WILL FIT as long as someone that knows what they are doing can fab any pieces needed for fitment, then just get the Tyga race lower for the RC or similar, and fab the side fairings.

Just keep in mind the 2 stroke GP125, and 4 stroke 250GP bikes are much smaller/no where near similar dimensions.
If I remember right, even the wheelbase on the Moto3 bike is 4" or more shorter!

Honesty if you look at the dimensions of the RC390, and then a 1998-2003 TZ/YZR250 would be within a few mm in almost every measurement, logic would state that if one was to buy a full set and 'make it work' that this would be a good starting point, those plastics are easy to find, unlike the 2 stroke KTM 250 before Moto2 which I still cannot find a listing for aftermarket plastic.

I'm actually working towards making carbon fiber pieces for my RC to get it as close the the Moto3 as possible. Have a pro artist and fab facility helping me in spare time. Will be probably 4-6 weeks before the mold for the single (I can't stand that multi nonsense) side fairings, then the upper afterwards. 2 Things KTM should change on the stock bike is clearance for aftermarket clipons and at least offer full analog gauges as an upgrade for the street. And to the point of this thread, the upper that looks like the GP bike!

Side note, if one did get the Moto3 Style Upper made for the 390, would you re-route the air intake to the front? I've already thought about barely legal headlight that is a quick remove but the air intake I'm still thinking on what to do.

apriliaS2K

Country flag
hi guys, in fact the RC250GP is really a small bike and I wish KTM will release a replica some day, but for the moment I have seen modifications like that on a RC390. Its pretty good, but the proportions are odd in my opinion:

13724620_666294050187379_1441327697_n.jpg

another option would be to adapt aprilia rs 125 or 250 fairings which are quite close to the moto3 and almost the same as the 250 2Stroke GP back in the years with larger dimension that could certainly fit the RC390.

221a72c2888dfec3ed5c4f5b4cd3f95d.jpg

Last edited: