Mounting the GoPro

waveriders

Is anyone using a GoPro camera on their bike? I'm trying to figure out the best place to mount the camera. I thought about using the battery cover, but I'm wondering if it will shake too much. The battery cover on my bike is on pretty tight, but it does have some slight movement. If you have a GoPro mounted on your bike, I would appreciate you sharing how you mounted it.

Gary

guzz46

I mount my Sony action cam to the top yoke using this handlebar mount kit, you can attach it via the holes in the top yoke either side of the ignition, it works really well as long as your windscreen is still transparent.

s-l1000.jpg

MrGrody

I'd think the battery cover would shake a ton. The outside of the windscreen below off the side of the mirror mount seems pretty solid for a sticky mount

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

RC_AB

I've put a sticky mount on the battery cover, I like the view and it doesn't shake much at all. I also have a bar mount that I have on the frame by the clutch cover, but that only shows a specific view obviously, not good for a normal video.

MrGrody

Extension mounts can be made easily. Here is a vid I used a "custom" mount for a cool angle. Parts for the mounts were less than $10

[video=youtube;8x0HBd10Z7o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x0HBd10Z7o[/video]

waveriders

That's a cool angle on the video. I'll probably put one sticky mount on the battery cover to try it out, and then try a bar mount also. I also have thought about fabricating a bracket that attaches to the mirror block off plate.

Arahant

Country flag
I am using a mount like guzz is using, its a tad different... its called a joby action cam clamp... it works pretty good for clamping and has alot of adjustability as to where you want the camera to be and what angle it shoots at... link here: GoPro Mounts: JOBY Action Clamp & Locking Arm

I picked it up at walmart... I clamp it to the plate on top of the forks, the vibration wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but could use abit of work... i'm sure others have their's dialed in better..

Tomjenkins

I wouldn't suggest trying to stick to the tank though, the matt finish didn't stick to well to my mount and this happened as I went just over the 100 mark... sad times :(
IMG_6597.jpg

emeglasson

I personally wouldn't attach it to the battery cover. Mine flew off on my first ride. Installed improperly from the dealer. They are a finicky little cover to mount properly. If the tabs aren't inserted into the slots it will fly off at speed. It looks like it is mounted properly when it isn't. Just be extra careful with that location.

Ash797

I have a sticky mount stuck to the mirror block-off plate. If you look closely at my avatar you can see the gopro mounted. It takes some pretty good video with minimal shaking. It's the same location I used to make the COTA vid in the video section.

waveriders

I had the same issue with the battery cover. I looked down while riding and the cover was off. The dealer didn't put it back on properly. That's why I'm hesitant to mount it there. If you take the mirrors off, you will see an oblong whole. I'm going to drill a hole in the block off plate at that location, and try to attach the mount with a nut on the back. I think it will be pretty sturdy.

Ash797

I have a sticky mount stuck to the mirror block-off plate. If you look closely at my avatar you can see the gopro mounted. It takes some pretty good video with minimal shaking. It's the same location I used to make the COTA vid in the video section.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk