My Dyno story

After buying CJ's Power Commander 5 for a great price along with the K&N filter and having the PCV mapped for the K&N, stock exhaust and Airbox mod I today got her up on our local dyno for a pre-addons/PCV run.

** todays run is TOTALLY stock with nothing new on the bike at all. Purely for a benchmark.

It was 27'celcious and I run her on 98 octane petrol.

Anyway, here is the results and I'm pretty happy with 39 ponies at the rear wheel for a baseline.

6teXBm.jpg

ccnDFg.jpg

In 2 days it goes back to the same dyno and gets the PCV fitted with CJ's map pre-installed and I will post up the results when it's done ;)

** any thoughts on the current maps? I'm a total noob for this sort of thing.

Hi Andy, I'm keen to see the results as well as the next ones after the PCV and filter.
I'm in Australia using 98 octane as well.
Are these results today the stock standard map or have you had the Akra map flashed?
My bike is stock apart from Tyga twin underwear pipes which were on it when I got it.
It seams to be running rich at idle, lean in the mid and not to bad at full throttle.
Im getting the Akra map flashed on Friday.
Next step will be PCV and filter, so I'm on same path as you.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Those maps look pretty good for stock. Linear power curve and the Air/ fuel ratio hovering around 13 which is good I think

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Hi Fang, the bike is completely stock with no maps flashed.

If I'm lucky I'll try and see if they can fit the pcv tomorrow but I think it will end up being Thursday for us in Oz.

D

Deleted member 452

I wish we could get 98 octane in the states. The highest that we get in Seattle is 91 or 92 octane.

Seth

Country flag
You could also research "race gas" I think it is over 100 octane.. A couple places sell it here and its like 17 buck per gallon!

The Dyno bike shop was unable to put mine on the dyno this week as they are too busy. I told them I'd get it next week and left the bike with them.

Will post the results asap once they get it done

D

Deleted member 452

You could also research "race gas" I think it is over 100 octane.. A couple places sell it here and its like 17 buck per gallon!

We have 2 local gas stations with race gas but that won't work for a street bike unless I want to ride in circles around the gas station and bleed money for fuel.

uberRC

I wish we could get 98 octane in the states. The highest that we get in Seattle is 91 or 92 octane.

The measurement systems are not the same. In the USA we quote AKI (anti knock index) or (RON+MON)/2...that's what's printed on the pumps. Their system is generally 4 - 5 points higher for the equivalent product elsewhere in the world. Our "92 octane" is equivalent to their "97 octane".

One can purchase racing gas that would range from 98 AKI up to 100AKI and higher at plenty of locations across the USA.

D

Deleted member 452

The measurement systems are not the same. In the USA we quote AKI (anti knock index) or (RON+MON)/2...that's what's printed on the pumps. Their system is generally 4 - 5 points higher for the equivalent product elsewhere in the world. Our "92 octane" is equivalent to their "97 octane".

One can purchase racing gas that would range from 98 AKI up to 100AKI and higher at plenty of locations across the USA.

I forgot about the different rating systems : )

uberRC

Yeah, the Owner's Manual doesn't do anything to help clarify....I guess the USA doesn't exist or is truly a tiny market for these street bikes.

Bike is finished and I'll pick her up this time tomorrow and post the results.

Dyno guys told me on the phone we gained 3-4 RWHP which I'm super happy to hear :)

Will post the new charts after work tomorrow when I get them

Picked her up today and I have to admit it was money very, very well spent :D

Bike is totally stock except for the air box mod and the K & N filter. Original exhaust, never mapped..just as it is out of the shop brand new.

Add the PCV and the map supplied and BAM!

WlYP9c.jpg

9FUOyP.jpg

Bike is totally stock except for the air box mod and the K & N filter. Original exhaust, never mapped..just as it is out of the shop brand new.

View attachment 3857

View attachment 3858

That's a great result Andy
Is that the result from just the map supplied or did your Dyno Guy tweek it as well?
Thanks for sharing
Look forward to your thoughts after some riding :)

Last edited:
The guys at the dyno were very impressed with the ignition timing work done on the map. They spent about 2 hours tinkering but ended up leaving it as it was.

As this is a newish bike here in Oz as far as mapping goes they were very happy just to have this on their dyno and Id dare say they will use the knowledge gained from this impressive PCV + Map package :)

I'll be taking her out tomorrow for a spin but I can already feel the extra ponies just bursting it up to 7k.

It already power wheelies so I am super super keen to do some wheely comparisons and see if it lifts up any easier.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag

View attachment 3857

View attachment 3858

I warned you :D that you would be happy and impressed with results! Glad you got it. Let me know if you need anything else.