My RC Race build

mdabyo

Country flag
Hey, thought i should post a build thread as i have been here for a while and finally got the bike to the track last Friday. Its been a fun road and the bike feels great! very weird going from racing as a Pro on a 600 (r6) to running lightweight on the RC. but i am enjoying it so far!

RC1.jpgRC2.jpgRC3.jpg

The Bike so far (I am sure i missed stuff here as its been a fun winter of building):
2015 RC 390
K&N Filter
Airbox Mod
Shorty Levers

KTM Rearsets
Akra exhaust no CAT.
Tyga Bellypan
Tyga Race Tail fairing
KTM Cup Edition windscreen installed
KTM Case Sliders
Keyless ignition and driven triples/clipons
Motion Pro quick turn throttle
Shorai Battery
Brembo pads, but likely will change to vesrah as they are personal preference.
T-Rex Frame Sliders and fork sliders
Andretti Cartridges
Elka rear shock (off my R6 that i modded to fit)
ABS Bypass and fully removed
Bike gutted of all extra weight i could cut.
Brake lever guard
PCV
Quick Shifter
Race chain and +1 rear sprocket

---

-Future Modifications coming soon (Probably not before the first race weekend):
KTM Akra map, just havent had a chance to get it to the shop to get it done.
Keyless Fuel Cap - ebay one I orcered didnt fit, so had to get another.

320mm floating front brake disk
Brembo RCS 15
Damper, I have a few spares in the garage, that i just need to find a way to mount one. LOL
Thinner head gasket and new plug (have already, just waiting for after this season to do it)
Throttle body tune. have a spare, just need to mail it off someday soon.
maybe a tyga front screen replacement fairing, but no rush for that.
TTS or yoyo Slipper clutch (if i can ever justify the cost)
Vinyl work for the windscreen at the least / number plates
Paint maybe next year, pretty lazy and like the stock look.

Its a fun little bike, and give that my home track is very tight and technical track it seems to be a great bike for it! I decided not to run a lap timer last friday as i just wanted to have fun, but i will next week when i am out again and start to see how it compares to laptimes to the R3's and Kawi 300's that run here.

Last edited:

One hung low

I'm interested, keep it coming.
Keen to see what works and the best bang for buck.
Bought a 2017 a week ago and been following this site for a while before coming to a purchase.
still haven't got my head around the limitations of the narrow band sniffer and tacking a pcv, bazzaz, jd fueller over the top. Can see how the wb pcv would but are the rest just a waste of $. I ride 2017 excf 350 in the dirt and these things are cousins, maybe step brothers.
my 2 bobs. Cheers Wazza

mdabyo

Country flag
I will fill in more as i get out again. as for the PCV a lot of guys on here have posted dyno results and i think its required if you go to race it..

I need to weigh the bike sometime soon, yet to do that. I am a Canadian racer and i race at AMP in Nova Scotia

airazen

Country flag
keyless fuel cap on ebay from HK/CN?!

like this one?!

385070589cd2c0dd36632e6e171826da.png

if yes, sure can fit on your bike, but you have to latched a lil' bit of the inner diameter around 1-2 mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rompus

I will fill in more as i get out again. as for the PCV a lot of guys on here have posted dyno results and i think its required if you go to race it..

I need to weigh the bike sometime soon, yet to do that. I am a Canadian racer and i race at AMP in Nova Scotia

I was in Nova Scotia years ago, gorgeous , that is a great shot with the flowers in the foreground.I noticed the lap record is 60 seconds, what are you turning?

Last edited:

mdabyo

Country flag
ya the cap i ordered had the hole in the center.. it needed to be off center like the one you pictures so it would not work at all.. so i ordered another one.

mdabyo

Country flag
haha, ya 60 seconds.. lol. the local pros fastest is about about 1.08's- 112's. I am not sure what my times will on the RC. hoping for high teens, 18's maybe 19s

mdabyo

Country flag
I am finally starting to get the hang of the RC, not a fan of the gearing i have on it currently (+1). I am going to try to drop back to stock tomorrow. 60% of the track it feels great, but one corner(the one before the long back straight) it causes me to take a gear right before a hard breakin zone that is off camber so it unsettles the bike again if i take the gear then drop it again right away. So i have been carrying 5 through the corner and them am way to low in the power bank and it is killing my drive down the back straight. If i had a slipper in it it would not be an issue (likely a purchase coming shortly)

As for the bike its running well finally, I had it on the Dyno today and it pushed 40.76HP. so not bad for a fully stock engine and had a nice smooth curve to it.

image1 (6).jpg

owspeed

Country flag
I am curious of your finished weight too.

I'm thinking of making my RC a full track bike and striping off all of the street parts gear to get a light a possible.

Thanks,

William
Santa Cruz, Ca