Nelson-Rigg CL-950 Saddle Bags

Lugnutty

When I went to check the RC390 out on Saturday, I had ridden my little Ninja 250R and not my Bandit. The Bandit is the one that usually has the luggage on it. My normal panniers are Nelson-Rigg Classic CL-950 Deluxe Saddlebags, and I also have the Nelson-Rigg CL-1040 Jumbo Tail Bag that snap-hooks to it.

I didn't buy the bike on Saturday because I already have a zippy tiny bike my bags don't really fit on. When I put the side bags on the Ninja, they hang way past there the tail stops and they cover up the turn signals. I was looking at those SW-Motec Blaze bags but they're out of stock everywhere so I haven't pulled the trigger yet. But that's not important right now.

I brought my bags to test fit them on the bike yesterday, and they did, so now the bike is home with me in the garage. :cool:

Here are some pictures of the '15 KTM RC390 with the N-R CL-950 panniers. They haven't been adjusted to fit the RC; they are still at Bandit size.

Er, yeah, so, I took the long way home... :D

Arahant

Country flag
Interesting, if you ever get around to adjusting them I wouldn't mind seeing the difference... they look kinda awkward on there as it is...

did you buy your bike from a harley dealership?

Lugnutty

I did adjust them. I will snap a few more pictures over the weekend.

Yes, the dealership is H-D/Triumph/KTM.

Lugnutty

I got these snugged up a little more. I've been idly considering making little brackets to keep them positioned so they don't tip inward, but then I realized that I can't see them most of the time and they still work fantastically.

The straps are too long for how narrow the tail is. If this was my only motorcycle, I'd simply trim the strips, but I use these on my Bandit and my 999, too, so I just fold them over. The look of the excess straps doesn't bother me. If you're really image conscious, you'll need to do some extra work.