New Member need some assistance with safety wiring

morethrottle

Hello!
Just picked up an RC390 and looking track/race prep for March NRS. So far I'm slowly safetywiring the bike and haven't gotten too far.

This bike uses a non screw type clamp, I'd like ask for some reference on how are you guys safety wiring these clamps. I see a lot of beautiful bikes here, It would be cool if someone can share their safety wiring skills and see where and how and what was safety wired.

Thanks in advance!!

morethrottle

Hi! Sorry about that. Yes all the hose clamps, trying to search around on how to best safety wire these, but most that I've found were the screw nut type.

Thank you sir.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
+1 on using standard worm style hose clamps, especially on a racebike! Piece of cake to safety wire, and I will usually also put a small blob of RVT over the wire and driver end of the screw just for extra protection. I pretty much expect almost everything on these beloved bikes to try and buzz and vibrate itself free... it's a single after all. RVT, Safety Wire, and Threadlocker is a way of life with these things. :)

morethrottle

Yes it does, I actually ended up buying a drill press at HF and a motorcycle lift to save my back and neck...now its a party!!!

I do have another question, Do you guys safety wire your brake line banjo bolts and brake pads pins as well or can they be JB weld/silicone glued? I'm trying to see what will pass with JB weld and what won't with both WERA and CVMA, these two organization are almost local to me...LOL

Thanks in advance.

I can't quote the rule books for CVMA, but I know that WERA requires some pretty extensive wiring. If you can wire it, do that. The silicone may not pass tech requirements, but wire always will unless the rule book specifically states otherwise.