New Owner and Rider

neptune

Country flag
Hey guys! Getting my permit and first bike, a 2020 RC390 sometime in the next week or so. Looking forward to riding. I'm going to use it for commuting to school and work, as well as for a track day every now and then. I am thinking within the first few weeks, besides crash pro, I'll be swapping out the seat for the comfort seat, getting handlebar mirrors, doing a tail tidy, a 41 or 43 tooth rear sprocket, and a bit of aesthetic mods.

CuriousCat

Country flag
Crash protection have a look at T-Rex, they have good stuff at a decent price.

Comfort seat is a meh, I think it's a waste of money. Also don't think a sprocket change is necessary.

For aesthetics people like to run the Duke rear hugger instead of our combo unit. Tail tidy for sure, Tyga makes one that is adjustable for angle (popo), but I think Vagabond Motorsports' is better quality and prettier.

If you get into the track and plan to keep the bike, suspension and rearsets.

neptune

Country flag
Crash protection have a look at T-Rex, they have good stuff at a decent price.

Comfort seat is a meh, I think it's a waste of money. Also don't think a sprocket change is necessary.

For aesthetics people like to run the Duke rear hugger instead of our combo unit. Tail tidy for sure, Tyga makes one that is adjustable for angle (popo), but I think Vagabond Motorsports' is better quality and prettier.

If you get into the track and plan to keep the bike, suspension and rearsets.

For the Tyga's adjustable angle, is it adjustable from the handlebars? As far as rearsets go, just the KTM race rearsets or some other brand, what about for suspension?

CuriousCat

Country flag
No it's manual with your hands. If you're savvy you could hook up a cable actuated device, but that's too much effort when you can just reach out for it.

For rearsets Woodcraft for the crème de la crème and Tyga rearsets for value. KTM's seem like good quality to the eye and feel, but I haven't ridden them and also idk about their spare parts support.

Last edited:

neptune

Country flag
No it's manual with your hands. If you're savvy you could hook up a cable actuated device, but that's too much effort when you can just reach out for it.

For rearsets Woodcraft for the crème de la crème and Tyga rearsets for value. KTM's seem like good quality to the eye and feel, but I haven't ridden them and also idk about their spare parts support.
It's probably just preference, but do you use GP shift?

ReidMcT

Premium Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Country flag
For a new rider just getting your permit, I would advise strongly against bar-end mirrors.