New owner of a '17 Katey RC390

Motonewb

She's awesome. First bike too! I'm a bit short with like a 29" inseam and feel super comfortable. Hot as hell out here in Phoenix so I need to get a venty jacket & pants. Mine is a bit loud with some vibration noises (if anyone has a clue where I should try and tighten to fix please let me know). Also, if I could get pointed in the right direction to help keep this thing cool, again, I'm in Phoenix and being bacon on frying pan with a heat lamp on is a bit much. I hear good things about water wetter helping reduce the temp but it gets hot quickly and every single time I stop the fan is on. Eh, she's a good bike so far. Only got about 300 miles on the odo, but they're commuting miles and need to get into the twisties to build cornering confidence (my chicken strips are about as wide as my thumbnail). Anyways, I'll probably getting a 600 in 2-3 years so I'll offer her up on here once I'm done.

Current mods:
Fender Eliminator
CRG RC2 Levers (snapped my clutch lever in the first 30 seconds when i went to get off and didn't fully deploy the stand :eek:)
Comfort seats

Future thoughts on mods:
Mivv Suono Exhaust
K&N Air Filter
Remove Passenger begs + block off
Either Carbon Fiber Passenger seat replacement or possibly Fiberglass
Puig Racing Screen
Mirrors? I don't really like looking at my arms... its not terrible but they are ugly

kaede

If you're doing exhaust and filter, make sure you also do Power Commander V.

As for keeping it cool - Spal Fan and Engine Ice combo seems to be working for some people (do a search on this forum). Welcome and have fun! Best of luck with reliability!!!~