New Owner

RCMNS

Hi!

I am an American that moved to a semi-rural area in India about a year ago. My first year here I rode a scooter and recently bought a 160. Other than 15 minutes on a carbureted CBR 600, I never rode a motorcycle in the US. So I started small but after all the years of cycling and all the years of driving twisty roads I felt I went too small. I realize there are a lot of differences from those two but they have helped in understanding what I'm doing.

I test drove the 2017 RC390 and 2 days later went back to purchase it. I decided to keep the 160 for road trips (roads aren't as good here). I bought it Thursday and by Saturday night I had 480km on it.

Learning to ride in India has been interesting. I think about all the things I've heard people say over the years about riding a bike in the US and it's the daily norm here. Cars on the wrong side of the road (been run off the road numerous times), no turn signals, no looking, cows, dogs, kids, and the roads in the mountains take a beating in the summer. I can't even explain how different the driving is here

Anyway this is getting long.

So far I've purchased the PowerTRONIC, tail tidy, and K&N filter and will be doing some DIY mods to the body once all the parts arrive. I'd like to add the Akra exhaust but import fees are around 30% so not sure if that will be worth doing right now.

Looking forward to learning from everyone and hopefully being able to contribute at some point.

Last edited: