New rc 390 owner from WV

Skeems

Country flag
Hey just got a new bike.. it’s also my first bike.. I can use any and all info you can give!! Like what should I upgrade first?

Karfanatik

Country flag
Imo, get the ergo seat and the bubble windscreen w/cutout. Windscreen takes some work the first time but it can be done pretty easily using the underseat tool kit. Quick youtube video shows you everything. Those 2 mods increased my overall quality of life on the bike by a decent margin for long term and highway rides. I also added a ram stem bolt with mount setup from MNNTHBX. Clean, easy install, easy removal and very sturdy. Holds my Note 10+ no problem so now I have GPS if I need it.

My final mod for now was an Akrapovic slip on. First 1000km service is this Saturday and once that is squared away I'm going to be doing some speed/sound mods over the next few months. This may sound outrageous because the amount of money spent is PROBABLY not worth it but I am keeping the bike for at least 3-5 years with some track time amongst those years. I've got plans or ideas for the following this winter/spring:
1) Custom intake box and injector from Gray Area KTM
2) Open Lid with K&N filter from MNNTHBX
3) Leo Vince link pipe likely from AOMC
4) PCV w/switch and custom map from Rottweiler
5) DJ WBC2 and possibly a DJ Quickshifter from Hard racing
6) Brake pads
7) Probably a proper dyno tune from a reputable shop

After those are done, I will turn my attention to the front/rear suspension/ rearsets, clips ons and so on for track purposes.

In the end, do what makes you happy. Its your bike so who cares what you do with it but do it right. If you're messing with air flow, make sure its accomodated with a piggyback of some sort. With brakes, suspension and just the usual standard safety parts. Don't cheap out.

Skeems

Country flag
Imo, get the ergo seat and the bubble windscreen w/cutout. Windscreen takes some work the first time but it can be done pretty easily using the underseat tool kit. Quick youtube video shows you everything. Those 2 mods increased my overall quality of life on the bike by a decent margin for long term and highway rides. I also added a ram stem bolt with mount setup from MNNTHBX. Clean, easy install, easy removal and very sturdy. Holds my Note 10+ no problem so now I have GPS if I need it.

My final mod for now was an Akrapovic slip on. First 1000km service is this Saturday and once that is squared away I'm going to be doing some speed/sound mods over the next few months. This may sound outrageous because the amount of money spent is PROBABLY not worth it but I am keeping the bike for at least 3-5 years with some track time amongst those years. I've got plans or ideas for the following this winter/spring:
1) Custom intake box and injector from Gray Area KTM
2) Open Lid with K&N filter from MNNTHBX
3) Leo Vince link pipe likely from AOMC
4) PCV w/switch and custom map from Rottweiler
5) DJ WBC2 and possibly a DJ Quickshifter from Hard racing
6) Brake pads
7) Probably a proper dyno tune from a reputable shop

After those are done, I will turn my attention to the front/rear suspension/ rearsets, clips ons and so on for track purposes.

In the end, do what makes you happy. Its your bike so who cares what you do with it but do it right. If you're messing with air flow, make sure its accomodated with a piggyback of some sort. With brakes, suspension and just the usual standard safety parts. Don't cheap out.
Yeah that new seat is a must..Now with the bubble windscreen, What one did you go with and does it help that much?

Karfanatik

Country flag
Both the seat and the windscreen I got from KTMtwins.com. I'm 6 ft 2in so the stock windscreen didn't do me any favours. The bubble screen is much better. wind deflection is very noticeable and full tuck feels much better as well. The screen also looks cooler imo. It has these cutouts on the side whereas the stock runs straight front to back. I think it makes the bike look racy especially with the added height. Pics for comparison are attached

Attachments

• 20200811_134945.jpg
    20200811_134945.jpg
    654.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200811_134811.jpg
    20200811_134811.jpg
    701.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200811_135131.jpg
    20200811_135131.jpg
    859.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200811_135041.jpg
    20200811_135041.jpg
    832.6 KB · Views: 8

Skeems

Country flag
Both the seat and the windscreen I got from KTMtwins.com. I'm 6 ft 2in so the stock windscreen didn't do me any favours. The bubble screen is much better. wind deflection is very noticeable and full tuck feels much better as well. The screen also looks cooler imo. It has these cutouts on the side whereas the stock runs straight front to back. I think it makes the bike look racy especially with the added height. Pics for comparison are attached
Nice! Thanks for the info.. what do you think of the double bubble windscreen? I sent a pic.. and I have one more question what kind of oil are u using? It’s not time for an oil change yet but it needs oil is it bad if I put a different type of oil in than it already has?08FE5193-E311-4F1E-B8C6-6B3FD1837299.jpeg

Karfanatik

Country flag
I debated that screen but didn't like how it hovered over the stock screen. I wanted clean lines throughout. How well that one works? You will need to ask someone else unfortunately. As for oil, you should follow the owners manual for what kind of oil to use. Definitely don't mix oil if you don't know whats in the bike already. Probably best to just flush it and change once you are done your break-in period (I assume since you said "new bike"). This way you know what oil it is and when it was changed. I'm sticking with stock fluids for this year. Next summer I will likely look into oil and coolant for the track. Scour the forum here. I learned all I know about the bike over the course of a couple weeks through this site.