New Rider: Toronto

MossEisley

Country flag
Hi All - Just picked up a 2019 RC390 as my first bike and am absolutely loving it. My plan is to get the first year of riding under my belt and then get it to the track next year to really explore this bike! I cross shopped the R3 and Ninja 400 and they just didn't have the same feel that the KTM delivered. I've already put on a set of tank grips and what a difference that made!

Over the winter I plan on swapping out the suspension and will upgrade the tires and pads. Not sure about hunting for power, but may do a slip on for the sound at some point.

Karfanatik

Country flag
My man! I'm at 401 and Keele. I too got myself a 2019 RC390 about a month ago. Get yourself the KTM Ergo seat. Makes a pretty large difference. I got the Akrapovic slip on as well but imo its not "all that" unless you take out the baffle which I haven't done yet since it is a bit of a process. If you see a tall goon on a RC390 with a matching orange helmet in the area, you'll know its me

MossEisley

Country flag
My man! I'm at 401 and Keele. I too got myself a 2019 RC390 about a month ago. Get yourself the KTM Ergo seat. Makes a pretty large difference. I got the Akrapovic slip on as well but imo its not "all that" unless you take out the baffle which I haven't done yet since it is a bit of a process. If you see a tall goon on a RC390 with a matching orange helmet in the area, you'll know its me

Very nice! I'm at Dundas and Runnymede so pretty close. Good to know on the ergo seat, I've heard mixed reviews but it sounds like it's worth pulling the trigger on. Nice info on the Akra too, I was leaning towards the Leo but don't have a strong opinion one way or the other. Any other recommended changes?

If you haven't done tank grips yet do those, it made for a noticeably better riding experience.

Karfanatik

Country flag
Right on! That is pretty close. The Akra exhaust just looked cool to me which is why I went for it. Once I ride for a year, I'll get the cat and chamber deletes, slap on a PCV/Rapidbike evo and take the baffle out. Should be singing after that.

For tank grips, I ordered the KTM clear pack and its pretty ugly and applied to the bike in a bubbly way so I took em off. Still looking for some decent ones but haven't found the need just yet since I'm just cruising around for the time being. If you got suggestions, I'd like to take a look.

Only other thing that I bought was the race bubble windshield. Cant put it on yet due to a stripped bolt that was discovered when I attempted the install. July 25th I'm heading to the dealership for my first service and they will take care of the bolt at the same time. Should be a welcome improvement over the stock windscreen. I'm 6'2 so on the highway, I get a ton of wind coming at me.

Andyb

Country flag
Hey guys. I'm new to the forum - a Canuck in Mexico (Menuck / Canico - not sure!) - from the Niagara area. I heard good things about these guys for your tank grips - can't say for sure but supposed to be good (expensive though): https://www.stompgrip.com

Stay safe! I miss Canada very much.

stealthmr

Country flag
Toronto rider here. I'm located downtown, but frequently in Keele & 401 area.

I'm down if you guys want to go for a group ride.

Karfanatik

Country flag
I personally would prefer to gather up some more experience before going for a rip on a group ride. I can comfortably say I'm pretty rusty when it comes to riding. I'm gonna be riding solo for this season but next season, I should be game