OBD2 Connector

Fasteddy

Country flag
Hi, I pulled the cable apart and earthed the other pin, all working as it should and reading the coolant temp to.
my scan tool is a few years old so maybe it was that. I have noticed the TP is 89.5% WOT, shouldn't it be 100%
and if so I think it'll be worth looking to make sure the butterfly is fully opening

No I do not believe it should be 100%, this is a common misconception. There needs to be some room at the other end of the range so that the idle speed control motor can maintain correct Idle speed. I know when you reed this it won't make sense, but the ECU knows that X% = WOT from the calibration process. For a better understanding of this you could read up on the Kehien fuel management system used on the LC8's or search some 990 forums.

fs1ephil

Hiya, no I fully understand that if an Electronic control unit is calibrated at X% for WOT then that % is read as full throttle but if no ones checked and I'm going to assume you haven't? It's worth checking out.
Have you checked fasteddy? I won't go pulling it apart if you have. :)

Fasteddy

Country flag
Hiya, no I fully understand that if an Electronic control unit is calibrated at X% for WOT then that % is read as full throttle but if no ones checked and I'm going to assume you haven't? It's worth checking out.
Have you checked fasteddy? I won't go pulling it apart if you have. :)

I recall looking everything over when I did the valves but can't say I checked specifically. If you add your closed percentage to the WOT percentage do you come up with 100%?

I am 100% confident both my EFI bikes are correct.
Cheers

oddturkout

Hi, late to the party, I hacked up a cable to get logging on Aim Solo dl2 to work, but since not all standard PIDs are working, can't get the rpm. Did anyone verify what PID was it? Here is the missing stuff:

Screen Shot 2016-05-16 at 9.45.01 PM.jpg

Dygear

Where is the OBD-II port?

[Edit]
Answered my own question ...
https://youtu.be/HKWn5qmBuQU

I see why you have to make your own. Wouldn't a Raspberry Pi Zero be the perfect device for this project? You could power it from the bus and read the data can be read into the GPIO Pins.

Last edited:

Fasteddy

Country flag
It's CAN bus data, so it would take differential level shifting to get it in / out of GPIO, you would usually use a CAN protocol interface like an ELM327. I have one for arduino and I believe there is also one for the PI.

And it uses some non standard PID's for things like RPM....

Last edited:

micahpearlman

I've been trying to find the time to track down the PID for RPM but have been pushing it off for a year now. I'll take a look again in the next few weeks.

Arduino or Pi with an ELM327 will work but for data acquisition I use a $15 Bluetooth OBD + an ancient android phone -- just easier. For hacking (figuring out the RPM PID I use a PC)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin

Sure thing! I'm not like the other dude on youtube who din't bother to help a brother :p

Let me just make sure its safe to share. Wouldn't want to get caught sharing proprietary stuff (if it is proprietary :p)
Anyway, its really really close to the standard PID and I'll definitely share it with you all :)

micahpearlman

Sure thing! I'm not like the other dude on youtube who din't bother to help a brother :p

Let me just make sure its safe to share. Wouldn't want to get caught sharing proprietary stuff (if it is proprietary :p)
Anyway, its really really close to the standard PID and I'll definitely share it with you all :)

Please consider sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

psych0hans

Country flag

That would be AWESOME!

Hi, I pulled the cable apart and earthed the other pin, all working as it should and reading the coolant temp to.
my scan tool is a few years old so maybe it was that. I have noticed the TP is 89.5% WOT, shouldn't it be 100%
and if so I think it'll be worth looking to make sure the butterfly is fully opening
Its is notmal that TPS value does not go from 0 to 100%
Typical values are from 10 to 90%
Then if the value is lower that 10% this means an electrical issue on the sensor of harness, like a short circuit to ground, or sesnor disconnected, or sensor supply missing...
Same think if TPS is higher that 90%
TPS info is the voltage seen by the ECU respect it's 5V supply. It is not directly the throttle aperture.

Kevin

I've written an e-mail to KTM international about this and they haven't replied to me at all :(
Is it safe to share the extended PIDs? I don't even know if they are even proprietary or not...

with Euro 4 regulation (starting in europe this year, there are some comon PID generic to be available on OBD connector.
The same for all bikes.
It would be interesting to start this way, I think. and there is no confidentiality about that, as the target is to make data available to all workshop, out of official dealers list.

I imagine it's a kind of copy/paste from automotive OBD2 PIDs

Kevin

YOSH! I'll share it with you guys,

The PID for RPM is 2121
If you're using S/W with a terminal in it, be sure to set ATH to 0 i.e, write >ATH 0, click enter and then write 2121

NOTE: Optimum formula (that I've calculated) for the RPM OF THE 2015 DUKE 390 with NO MODS is;
((A*264.12)+B)/4

Let me know what you guys think! :D

Last edited:

diego

Hey, i just connect the port obd2 with torque pro, and yes im figuring out how to find the hidden PIDs, find a pluggin for torque. That shows hidden or unknow pids.

Enviado desde mi SM-G850M mediante Tapatalk

diego

Some screenshots of what i got.

b68444cc5f5400c032e56612cb434274.jpg

fdec9df1fe65fde3616c7e9b34061582.jpg

Commands are the PIDs and response is the value the ecu send back. Find out that the 4 first numbers are not the values, dont know what they means, but the 5-6 numbers or letters are the values in hexadecimal. If the response is longer it means there are 2 values or more. So if responde is 8 digits, 5-6 will be value A and 7-8 will be value B

Taking the formula from rpms with the PID demostrate that my rpms where in around 1800 at idle. Just take the 5-6 and 7-8 digits and convert from hexadecimal to decimal number. And place it on the formula.

For now, i just trying to figure out what PID is the gas tank lever, if it exists..

Enviado desde mi SM-G850M mediante Tapatalk