OEM Slipper Clutch on 2015 RC390 help

ShawnB

Just purchased an OEM slipper clutch from Ebay from a 2017 KTM RC390.

Will this just be a direct swap for the existing clutch in my 2015?

I am racing the bike this year and tested once and was getting wheel hop while downshifting so thought this would be a good upgrade.

I was also grinding the footpegs and my boots so I ordered some rear sets. The bike seems great otherwise and I am looking forward to racing it.

Thanks

Shawn

Last edited:

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Just purchased an OEM slipper clutch from Ebay from a 2017 KTM RC390.

Will this just be a direct swap for the existing clutch in my 2015?

I am racing the bike this year and tested once and was getting wheel hop while downshifting so thought this would be a good upgrade.

I was also grinding the footpads and my boots so I ordered some rear sets. The bike seems great otherwise and I am looking forward to racing it.

Thanks

Shawn

How much of the clutch did you get? Just inner hub or outer basket and clutch pack? The stock oem slipper is not much of a slipper....

ShawnB

I thought I bought the whole clutch assembly but when it arrived it was only the inner clutch pack not the basket.

Good news i installed it and tested in a bit today, in the rain, and it works great. No wheel hop anymore on downshifts.

Super happy for a $70 upgrade.

I thought I bought the whole clutch assembly but when it arrived it was only the inner clutch pack not the basket.

Good news i installed it and tested in a bit today, in the rain, and it works great. No wheel hop anymore on downshifts.

Super happy for a $70 upgrade.

Can you share with us the part numbers?

ShawnB

10F63A4C-C65F-409A-936C-071E6ECF1B69.jpgE6C6448C-CE3E-4B2F-A6F5-1134591880A6.jpg
This is the slipper clutch above

This is the original clutch below
A7B4C3AE-F2FF-4BF0-92D5-6D6D59996712.jpg

Here is the bike
image.jpg

Last edited:

psych0hans

Country flag
I did this to my bike as well, I was told the clutch cover would have to be changed as well, but they managed to just replace the shaft and the spring which actuates the clutch.

I had a really had time at the track with braking and down shifting... The rear wheel would keep locking up and even caused the bike to shut off a couple of times. Can’t explain why that would happen.

Last edited:

mdabyo

Country flag
i would jump on an OEM slipper for 70$!!! i want a aftermarket but $700 is out of my reach at the moment.