Oil change kit

mmk

Have my first service coming up and I'm trying to save a little money by changing the oil in myself. I was thinking of getting this kit https://www.ktm-parts.com/90238015010KIT.html for 50 bucks but I don't know.... the dealer says they charge me $70 for an oil change so that's a whopping $20 savings plus my time. I guess my question is are there better deals out there for everything I need to change my oil? Thanks

Andy

Country flag
I've just done mine and it's really easy. Top tip though is to get new bolts for the oil filter cover as well, one of mine broke off so had to order two new ones!

Think it was about £13 for the kit, about £25 for the Motul oil. The two bolts were 60p from local dealer.

Last edited:

airazen

Country flag
that is a good deal you have, changing oil will cost me around $35, $30 for liquimoly street race 10w50, and $5 for the filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skeems

Country flag
I’m wondering the same thing.. I see a lot of kits but I’ve noticed on some YouTube vids some of the filters don’t fit.. so I want to make sure I get the right one.. also I’m switching up my oil to motul