PCV Help!

cowelele

Hey mate,

Thanks for the PCV and the other bits and bobs, finally got it in and I'm loving it, the quickshifter on this thing is awesome fun. ;)

I've just logged into the unit after riding it for an hour or so to accept the WBC2 trims, the bike idles much smoother and runs a heap smoother as well, however, the unit has an error which is Error code 2303 "VR Module - Signal Unsynced".

Any ideas on how to rectify this? Teh googles isn't really helping much.

Thanks! :)

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Hey mate,

Thanks for the PCV and the other bits and bobs, finally got it in and I'm loving it, the quickshifter on this thing is awesome fun. ;)

I've just logged into the unit after riding it for an hour or so to accept the WBC2 trims, the bike idles much smoother and runs a heap smoother as well, however, the unit has an error which is Error code 2303 "VR Module - Signal Unsynced".

No worries.
It's normal.
It has to do with the crank sensor input signal.
It happens occasional, but goes away.
We've asked Dyno Jet about it back last year.. when the PCV first came out.
But, they said no big deal.

simpletty

Country flag

No worries.
It's normal.
It has to do with the crank sensor input signal.
It happens occasional, but goes away.
We've asked Dyno Jet about it back last year.. when the PCV first came out.
But, they said no big deal.

Did they at least provide an explanation? I hope someone can program these Ecus soon. It would much better than having a box fool the computer. In this day and age of electronic tuning, piggyback modules are a step backwards.

=maz=

Country flag
Did they at least provide an explanation? I hope someone can program these Ecus soon. It would much better than having a box fool the computer. In this day and age of electronic tuning, piggyback modules are a step backwards.
ECU West, in Perth Australia have cracked the ECU.

alyda

Hey mate,

I've installed the AutoTune (similar to WBC2, but not the same install) and Chris Kelly told me that error code 2303 SHOULD NOT be happening when the bike is running. He said the Crank Position Sensor might be plugged into the wrong connector. Looking at Fig J https://www.revzilla.com/assets/0001/3424/dynojet_pc_v_ktm_rc390.pdf, it looks like there are 2 connectors that look exactly the same right next to each other.

Hope this helps

SvZ

Country flag
Hi hoping someone can help. I fitted pc5 and quickshift and now my engine light keeps flashing. Everything is connected the way they say so any help please

green_bread

Country flag
Hi hoping someone can help. I fitted pc5 and quickshift and now my engine light keeps flashing. Everything is connected the way they say so any help please

Can you tell us which code its indicating, please? You should be able to tell by how it is flashing. Usually, a long flash is 10 and a short flash is 1. So two long and three short would be code 23. It should repeat itself over and over so you should be able to tell what the code is.

SvZ

Country flag
Can you tell us which code its indicating, please? You should be able to tell by how it is flashing. Usually, a long flash is 10 and a short flash is 1. So two long and three short would be code 23. It should repeat itself over and over so you should be able to tell what the code is.

Okay i didnt realize thats how you read the codes. Thanks for the reply by the way as soon as im back from work in two weeks i will let you know.
Also on the pc website i can only find a map for werks exhaust with stock air filter. I run the werks with k&n air filter. Will this make much of a difference? My thinking would be yes cause the airflow should be higher than with stock. Or should i just put it on the dyno and let them tune it up?
Thanks guys