Pictures of other bikes! Action pics, dream bikes, ugly bikes, whatever!

VAG944

I'll post a couple of mine.

Me at a track day in Az. The RZ350 and QA50 aren't mine but are identical to them.......ahhh memories! :cool: And lusting after a Husqvarna 401 Vit Pilen

Attachments

• 675.jpg
    675.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 110
  • husqvarna-401.jpg
    husqvarna-401.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 112
  • '89 rz350.jpg
    '89 rz350.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 120
  • qa50.jpg
    qa50.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 105
  • 401Vitpilen.jpg
    401Vitpilen.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 112

Treachery

Country flag
Honda NC30. Obviously I've had small bikes on the brain. If you're not familiar, this is a 400cc V4, basically a miniature RC30. '90s exotic. In the US, strictly grey market. Really gives me the itch.
(click for the big version)

vfr400.jpg

guzz46

I used to own a NC35, fantastic bike, it didn't handle that well out of the box, but with a few adjustments (raised the rear and lowered the front) it handled like a dream, I'm hoping the RC will handle at least as well, it's about 15hp down on the RVF, but wet, weighs about 25kg less, plus it has modern suspension too.

Treachery

Country flag
Huh, I thought that the NC30/35 were closer to 70 hp, no? Good to know the weight diff on the 390 vs the NC, as that was one of the bikes "not chosen."

guzz46

Na, the NC35 was about 60 hp (VFR too I think) and 165 kg dry, with I think a 15 litre fuel tank, I had mine on the dyno once after a service and it had 60 hp at the rear wheel, interestingly they are listed as having 60 hp at the crank, so maybe the dyno used on mine wasn't quite accurate, and some of them are listed as having 53 hp at the crank, I think they maybe restricted Japanese versions.

The main problem with the NC30 was the 18 inch rear wheel limiting tyre choice.

Last edited:

Treachery

Country flag
Yeah, if my calculations serve, that's 60-61 pounds heavier than the 390. I didn't know that about the tire size. Funny choice, even in 1992.

VAG944

The RZ350 used 18"!!! Tyre choice was shitty back then too. LOL

Oh ya!!! MORE PICTURES LESS blah blah! :p

guzz46

Here are a few.

Attachments

• 06120802.jpg
    06120802.jpg
    977.7 KB · Views: 101
  • 06120801.jpg
    06120801.jpg
    679.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 13040028.jpg
    13040028.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 88

motoarch

How did you like the husky? I've all ways liked those but never riden one. I'd probable lose my license.

guzz46

It's good, it's got instant grunt, you can wheelie from 0 kmh taking off from traffic lights (that's one of the sacrifices I'm making going to the RC) and you don't have to ride it fast to have fun on it, it's fun just riding it around town, with no fairing though you're like a sail on the open road, and after about 2 years on it I started to focus on certain things motards don't do that well, for example if you ride it like a sportsbike and brake deep into a corner the forks compress greatly and when you tip it in and ease off the brakes the forks extend back to a certain extent upsetting the balance of the bike right at the time when you don't want it upset, I think its a side effect of having long travel forks.

I had to move the handlebars forward to get some weight over the front, but it still didn't have that confidence inspiring planted feel from the front that you get from a sportsbike, and I had to adjust my riding style too, along with hanging off I had to keep my weight as low as possible, like in a racing stance, otherwise it felt a bit vague when I got to a certain lean angle.But alas I started to miss that sportsbike feeling, and I've always been a fan of 400cc sportsbikes for their low weight and great handling, so I'm expecting big things from the RC, its about 20 kg or so lighter than my reference handling bike, the RVF.

Treachery

Country flag
Over on ADVRider, there's a thread titled "What bike do you want today?" This one comes up on a regular basis:

82076_008_griso_8v_special_ed.jpg

Treachery

Country flag
Discussion of VFRs came up on another board. Great bikes. Hefty, but spectacular sound, at least the pre-VTEC bikes.

I had a '98 with the Wolf underseat exhaust:

WolfSideB.JPG

Sorry for the crappy pic; I think my digital camera at the time was about .5 megapixels, and I didn't know any better than to repeatedly save .jpg files.

TZMike

Huh, I thought that the NC30/35 were closer to 70 hp, no?

I had an RVF400 street bike which was sold a year ago, and still have a VFR400 track bike.

On the dyno the stock RVF made 62 rear wheel hp and the stock VFR with pipe makes 65 hp.

rvf400.JPG

These bikes handle very well and often surprise people on bigger bikes :)

Attachments

• vfr400.jpg
    vfr400.jpg
    534.8 KB · Views: 128
  • vfr400.JPG
    vfr400.JPG
    210.6 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

Treachery

Country flag
I had an RVF400 street bike which was sold a year ago, and still have a VFR400 track bike.

On the dyno the stock RVF made 62 rear wheel hp and the stock VFR with pipe makes 65 hp.

View attachment 57

These bikes handle very well and often surprise people on bigger bikes :)

Yeah, that's on the list of bikes I'd love to own. We'll have to chat about how they are to live with.

1969 inWorms, Germany while in the Army. I will have to check on the name of the fairing.

That's really cool. I've not ridden any pre-/5 BMWs, but I'm always struck by how small they are.

K75s

Yeah, that's on the list of bikes I'd love to own. We'll have to chat about how they are to live with.

That's really cool. I've not ridden any pre-/5 BMWs, but I'm always struck by how small they are.

it was wonderful in the day. Holes a piston and the brakes were not great. Sold it to help pay for college in 1971.