Pls help rc390

Thepimple99

My rc390 started showing the low oil pressure light so I took it to the shop they told me it was a gasket at first then that it was a case bearing then that it was my radiator they ended up wanting to charge me 1400 dollars and I had gave them my bike still in the 1 year engine warranty they held my bike for 5 months called me and told me it was no longer under warranty and that it would cost me I let them know I have it to them still in the warranty and they just never Cared enough and they were always so rude to me. I mean I’m 18 but god they treated me with no respect and if I was some dumb little kid. At the end of the day they give me back my bike and tell me that it was all covered by the warranty and i was exited only for the bike to come back to me way worse, the dang engine overheats like crazy fast it’s ridiculous and the engine leaks oils as well as my radiator fluid boiling inside the overflow tanks and eventually just shooting out of the radiator overflow tanks onto the ground I can maybe get 15 min of ridding normal before the low oil pressure light comes on. The whole thing starts overheating maybe 3 min into ridding. I tried to be nice to the mechanics called back and everything but they said I only took it in for the radiator, I clarified that I told the guy about the low oil pressure light and that was why and he rudely told me “we’ll i cant do anything about that, you can bring it in and we’ll take another look at it. I said Owe okay but he didn’t hear that because he had already hung up idk what’s wrong with my bike but man someone pls help me! It’s been sitting under a carp in my backyard for 3 months now. Maybe a step by step on how to fix it could help me figure it out myself? Anyideas on what it could be?

Chuditch

Hi man,

First up, my sympathies about the way you have been treated by those people. It's not easy being young and learning about motorbikes and cars etc. God knows I blew so much money on bad decisions made with cars and bikes as a young man. Because I had no Dad or Uncles to help me learn at that time, I ended up learning about things the hard way. A lot of people here work on their own bikes and they are a lot better off for it, but I know that is not for everyone.

Anyway, enough about that, you need to take the bike to a different shop, do NOT go back there. If they are the only KTM endorsed service point near you, then take it somewhere else. Maybe, if you tell us your location where you are, some of the guys on this group can help you with where to send your bike? As you have been trying to send it to them under warranty and the issues occurred when the bike was still under warranty, then you need to contact your KTM national distributor and make a formal complaint.

If you are in the United States then you probably have some sort of 'Lemon' laws that protect the consumer. Here in Australia, we have fair trading legislation. You can refer to that when you inform the those clowns who have been screwing you around that you are taking the bike elsewhere and seeking legal advice, as well as contacting the national distributor.

Metals 907

Boil over in 3 minutes? Is there immediate bubbling in the overflow when you start it?

Sounds like it was reassembled improperly. A leak @ the head gasket between the fire ring and water jacket will cause the boil over like you describe.
As for the oil leak , pictures will help. Color of coolant and oil matter as well. Oil in the coolant will darken it and leave a sheen .

All I got without more info....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Metals 907

Oh...... another thing. Google and YouTube are your friends when researching and troubleshooting. Unfortunately someone had their hands on your baby after your initial oil pressure issue and added problems you have to resolve before you can diagnose any oil leaks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

mattv

Country flag
I would follow Chuditch's advice. You need to take it to a different dealer. I would also contact KTM directly and let them know about your situation.

Where are you located?